Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone have current AF J TATL dinner menus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have current AF J TATL dinner menus?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
On the AF A380 they have two sets of crew serving per side. One set starts in the front of the J cabin (row 60) and works their way back; while the other starts at the rear (row 73) and works their way forward. They meet in the middle.

If you are in the forward J cabin (rows 60-64) you should have no issues obtaining your first choice.

Bon voyage.
What about from JFK-CDG on the new 777 with the P cabin? I'm currently in row 3 but don't know whether I should move further back. (Side question: Is a bulkhead seat on the new configuration pretty good? Anyone tried it?)
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
What about from JFK-CDG on the new 777 with the P cabin? I'm currently in row 3 but don't know whether I should move further back. (Side question: Is a bulkhead seat on the new configuration pretty good? Anyone tried it?)
If you are in the bulkhead, first seat of Business you will be first served on the 777-300ER.

To your side question, flew bulkhead on the 777-200 "Best International" (new-J equipped) both JFK-CDG and CDG-LAX and found it a pleasurable experience. The seat is fantastic (my current favorite) and the foot area is rather large.

You can view a tour of the cabin via:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.0016...i6656?hl=en-US

Bon vol!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
If you are in the bulkhead, first seat of Business you will be first served on the 777-300ER.

To your side question, flew bulkhead on the 777-200 "Best International" (new-J equipped) both JFK-CDG and CDG-LAX and found it a pleasurable experience. The seat is fantastic (my current favorite) and the foot area is rather large.

You can view a tour of the cabin via:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.0016...i6656?hl=en-US

Bon vol!
Thanks! Great pics! Good to know that the bulkhead is a good pick. Now only if I could find a way to get into P (even if it's one time ).
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:53 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by 355F1
You can order a la carte meals on their website for your flight.
This is only ex-CDG and ORY. I have ordered both the Japanese and the Chinese, solid meal choices. There are a few others, all no charge for Air France business class.

Six dishes in the La Premičre cabin and six others in the Business cabin are available, in various different culinary categories:
• Thai cuisine;
• Traditional Chinese;
• Flavours of India;
• Japanese delights;
• A taste of Korea;
• There is also a “seafood basket” to complement these tasty and varied ŕ la carte options.
I did an informational blog post on the above a few months ago. Link is to my blog and my post. LINK
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
On the AF A380 they have two sets of crew serving per side. One set starts in the front of the J cabin (row 60) and works their way back; while the other starts at the rear (row 73) and works their way forward. They meet in the middle.

If you are in the forward J cabin (rows 60-64) you should have no issues obtaining your first choice.

Bon voyage.
Thanks for the quick feedback. But interesting - it's actually worse to sit in the middle. Also makes me wonder how they know if they run out of options when they get to you.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Similar note:
Does anyone know in what order AF does meal orders on the A380 in J? This coming summer I am flying CDG-SFO on the A380. Does AF use FEBO? And if they use FEBO, do they start on the A/B side of the plane and then work their way toward the back, wrap around, and then work from back to front on the K/L side? Or do they work down both aisles using FEBO? Right now my wife and I have a set of K/L seats toward the front of the aircraft.
Are you kidding? There are a lot more important things to worry about in the next 6-7 months besides FEBO! Just get on the plane and order what you want to eat. Only NRSA's have to wait until everyone else has ordered, and then they get the leftovers. I have NEVER not been able to get my first menu choice and I fly TA more times each year than I can count!!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Thanks for the quick feedback. But interesting - it's actually worse to sit in the middle. Also makes me wonder how they know if they run out of options when they get to you.
Honestly it isn't too bad. I've sat in J on the A380 in the small forward cabin, in the front of the larger cabin, the middle and back and never had an issue obtaining my meal choice. That said, I am sure it there are situations where a first choice meal is unavailable.

In terms of knowing if they've run out of options, AF meals are color coded on the trolley's in J. Each meal comes with a colored Aluminum cover that they remove prior to setting it on your tray. Each color is associated with one of the meal options so they can easily see what they have left. Fairly simple, but it works.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 355F1
You can order a la carte meals on their website for your flight.

I can't answer your question but I can tell you that I flew AF's J for the first time yesterday CDG-LAX and the food was omg soOoOoOo much better than anything I have ever had in Delta's BE/D1/whatevertheywanttocallit.
This wasn't my experience. I thought DL food was far better but of course you never know.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:48 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by keloutwest
This wasn't my experience. I thought DL food was far better but of course you never know.
Overall, I think the quality of food&beverage on Air France business class is superior to Delta One. But, my last Delta One flight before the end of the year was excellent including the entree. I do believe that Delta One has a much more extensive dessert, cheese and fruit offering. I'm not much of a dessert person, but the new lava cake and ice cream was pretty impressive (even if, it's not something I really enjoy personally).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.