Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrades on DL codeshare flight aeromexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, mariott, national

Hi All,

I'm sure this has come up before but is a new one for me.

Our company has a new travel system and now the delta flights are super expensive.

I just checked a trip atl - mty mexico and the delta flight is $1200, the same exact flight booked under aeromexico codeshare is $734

If I book this flight under the am codeshare being a delta platinum will I follow the same upgrade procedures as I would if I had booked a delta flight?

IE 5 day window etc.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I'm pretty sure the answer is 'yes' as long as you use your Delta frequent flyer number. I've had flights booked via KLM and haven't had the issue. You may need to call into Delta and make sure a request for an upgrade is checked.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
When I did the KL fare to CPT a few years back, my DCA/MSP/DCA flights that were KL coded would NOT UG in advance. I was added to the UG list at the airport. I did get the UGs in the end, but, we all know that the UG "situation" has dramatically changed recently for last minute UG availability.

Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
If memory serves me correctly, the check-in agents at LAX have claimed that upgrade must be booked with DL. YMMV certainly; I'd appreciate hearing experiences to the contrary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.