Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgraded to Sky Club Executive membership?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Smile Upgraded to Sky Club Executive membership?

Have any other DMs received their new Sky Club renewal cards for next year? I just received mine and it shows as executive rather than the expected individual membership. I didn't choose it as a choice benefit and didn't pay to upgrade. Just wondering if this is an error or a change in benefits...

Anyone else have this happen?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have an existing paid membership prior to becoming a Diamond?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
No paid membership ever, though I do have a reserve card.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:13 am

I sent in an email asking if I could upgrade for less than $245 from when my old Exec membership expired on Oct 31 until my next Individual Membership starts on Feb 1. I have a DM Indivual until then. They came back a few weeks later saying they were upgrading it to Executive until Jan 31. Very happy with that as I had and still have some guest requirements until then. Maybe they are doing this as a way to get everyone set on the new calendar without too much pain?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would be nice if those of us who get SC access multiple ways were comped the Executive membership, for example DMs with Reserve cards, but OTOH I would hate to see such measures result in more kids in the SCs.

BTW, twice in the last week I saw families arguing with dragons and pretending that as DMs they weren't aware that the SC membereship no longer covers guests.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would be nice if those of us who get SC access multiple ways were comped the Executive membership, for example DMs with Reserve cards, but OTOH I would hate to see such measures result in more kids in the SCs.

BTW, twice in the last week I saw families arguing with dragons and pretending that as DMs they weren't aware that the SC membereship no longer covers guests.
Really? Color me surprised.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
OTOH I would hate to see such measures result in more kids in the SCs.
Kids are not the problem - I had 3 girls and now onto grand children. It is screaming, running around uncontrolled kids whose parents take no care to control them and who paw the food on the snack bar that piss me off. It is not the kids fault - it is parents who do not look after them. They are the type I do not like in SCs.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Kids are not the problem - I had 3 girls and now onto grand children. It is screaming, running around uncontrolled kids whose parents take no care to control them and who paw the food on the snack bar that piss me off. It is not the kids fault - it is parents who do not look after them. They are the type I do not like in SCs.
Grailstar is spot on with this response. I'm not sure why MSP feels like children should be brought up on EVERY SINGLE SC thread. It's tiring for sure.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Without kids there are not "screaming, running around uncontrolled kids whose parents take no care to control them and who paw the food on the snack bar", no?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mother-
Without kids there are not "screaming, running around uncontrolled kids whose parents take no care to control them and who paw the food on the snack bar", no?
Look - kids are our future and the next generation and I love them. I do not mind them in a Skyclub, but parents should try and control them. So I am not quite sure what you are trying to say in your post. I am a loving father and grand father.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Ok, so I don't really sympathize too much with those who continue arguing once the rule is explained, but I can definitely see how this would happen. DMs had Executive Memberships (previously just known as memberships) through Feb 2015. Not everyone stays as current as FTers on DL's rules. This might be the first time since Feb that some DMs are flying with the family in tow, so they had no reason to know the rule before this.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*

The kids of today - who are taught manners and social skills - will become the lounge adults of tomorrow who behave appropriately. The kids today who are taught that they are entitled will become the boorish adult lounge members of tomorrow. Perhaps it is not kids who should be barred but people of all ages who lack the social graces of polite society. Now if only there were a litmus test for that.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:05 am
k2

Originally Posted by Quickie66
Have any other DMs received their new Sky Club renewal cards for next year? I just received mine and it shows as executive rather than the expected individual membership. I didn't choose it as a choice benefit and didn't pay to upgrade. Just wondering if this is an error or a change in benefits...

Anyone else have this happen?
Yes, I have been given an exec membership ever since they made the change and devalued DM to individual memberships. They show me as having exec until August 2017. I have no idea why - I have never paid (or used choice benefits) for SC membership, I don't have an AMEX, etc. It's either a glitch or an unpublished benefit, either way I'm not going to ask them.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I just checked on My Wallet, and both my current (through 1/16) and upcoming (through 1/17) cards are in there and show Individual. I made DM for the first time after the changes went into effect.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Mine for this year and next just say Individual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.