Wiki Posts
Search

MSP to HNL Winter 2016?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
MSP to HNL Winter 2016?

You can now book flights on Delta out to November 17, 2016 and I am not seeing the nonstop from MSP to HNL as an option when trying to do a booking. This year the flight started up in late October. Is Delta not planning to bring that flight back next year or is it yet to be loaded in the schedule?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by bcarl
You can now book flights on Delta out to November 17, 2016 and I am not seeing the nonstop from MSP to HNL as an option when trying to do a booking. This year the flight started up in late October. Is Delta not planning to bring that flight back next year or is it yet to be loaded in the schedule?
I don't wish to be pedantic but IIRC (certainly when I took the flight and the return) it was not nonstop - it was marketed thus but stopped in LAX.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might want to look for airport authority press releases announcing the nonstop route. There's been the direct flight via LAX but also IIRC a nonstop (with different upgrade rules) during high season. I don't remember the dates.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might want to look for airport authority press releases announcing the nonstop route. There's been the direct flight via LAX but also IIRC a nonstop (with different upgrade rules) during high season. I don't remember the dates.
Tried -cant find. Even DL1151 today is MSP-SFO-HNL direct but not nonstop
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There is a seasonal MSP-HNL non-stop in the schedule thru 27 March, either an international 767 or A330 on the dates I checked.

DL 1664 is operating today, n/s.

It is rare for seasonal flights (think winter ski services) to open for booking 330 days out. Carriers wait for fare performance data from the current season and a check of the competitive landscape and macro factors before committing to a new season. It could be June or July before this opens for next 'winter' bookings - if it returns.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:34 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hoping the forum regulars familiar with this route can advise as to when it normally comes on and off the schedule and what days it is flown. I enjoyed flying this route this past March and was hoping to find it for this October.

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:46 am

It begins October 29th, 2016. Bookable on delta.com
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aeolos
Great news - will do it - just because.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Great news - will do it - just because.

It's been bookable for a few months...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:58 am

It's been bookable since January, I was considering going for Thanksgiving and have been watching since then. The price gradually rose from $1000 to now $1300 for Thanksgiving. I guess I don't find Hawaii a very compelling destination, cost & duration of flight vs satisfaction return.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by aeolos
Thanks; I knew someone would be able to help. LGA-MSP-HNL worked nicely for us in March. Sad that we won't be able to make it work for October.

Originally Posted by tom_MN
I guess I don't find Hawaii a very compelling destination, cost & duration of flight vs satisfaction return.
Fair enough. Then again, you've not had my mom's cooking.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tom_MN
It's been bookable since January, I was considering going for Thanksgiving and have been watching since then. The price gradually rose from $1000 to now $1300 for Thanksgiving. I guess I don't find Hawaii a very compelling destination, cost & duration of flight vs satisfaction return.
MSP-HNL is really pushing it when it comes to requiring a GUC to upgrade. I get not offering complimentary upgrades, but RUCs should be useable.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
MSP-HNL is really pushing it when it comes to requiring a GUC to upgrade. I get not offering complimentary upgrades, but RUCs should be useable.
Not aware of any airline that offers free upgrades to HNL other then on West coast departures. UA doesn't on EWR/IAH, AA on DFW-HNL, DL on ATL-HNL (which is almost same length of flight as MSP-HNL), etc.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not aware of any airline that offers free upgrades to HNL other then on West coast departures. UA doesn't on EWR/IAH, AA on DFW-HNL, DL on ATL-HNL (which is almost same length of flight as MSP-HNL), etc.
That's why I specifically said RUCs.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by WWads
That's why I specifically said RUCs.
I would love it as well, just don't think we will see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.