Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Unable to do OLCI with a RUC waitlisted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else

So I have a RUC waitlisted for a flight tomorrow SFO-JFK. The duplicate "ghost" flight shows up in My Trips which I believe shows that the RUC has been properly applied.

This morning when I attempted OLCI I got an error message that said I couldn't check in online because I have duplicate flights in my itinerary and that I need to check in with an agent at the airport. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround? Or do I have to resign myself to standing in line at the ticket counter?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're a DM, there shouldn't be much of a line.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On the other hand, the SkyPriority counter is a joke at SFO. There was indeed no line when I arrived, but nor were there any agents assisting (at 2PM on a Wednesday).
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
On the other hand, the SkyPriority counter is a joke at SFO. There was indeed no line when I arrived, but nor were there any agents assisting (at 2PM on a Wednesday).
Thanks for the warning. I'll need to deal with it next month.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Actually there can be quite a line at 5 am due to the number of flights leaving around 6-6:30. This is probably the only time I will ever miss the old landside SC!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by lbcnu
So I have a RUC waitlisted for a flight tomorrow SFO-JFK. The duplicate "ghost" flight shows up in My Trips which I believe shows that the RUC has been properly applied.

This morning when I attempted OLCI I got an error message that said I couldn't check in online because I have duplicate flights in my itinerary and that I need to check in with an agent at the airport. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround? Or do I have to resign myself to standing in line at the ticket counter?
You should call and ask why OLCI isn't working. It "might" be because you have an RUC, but OLCI might not be working for another reason (like, something wrong with the ticket). Best to fix now, rather than at the airport. OLCI failing is generally not good.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by mnbp
You should call and ask why OLCI isn't working. It "might" be because you have an RUC, but OLCI might not be working for another reason (like, something wrong with the ticket). Best to fix now, rather than at the airport. OLCI failing is generally not good.
Can't phone agents process check-ins as well? That would be another reason to call.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Try the mobile app. I just had this happen to me yesterday, and the phone agent couldn't figure it out. Tried the mobile app on a whim, and it worked.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by dyst0pia
Try the mobile app. I just had this happen to me yesterday, and the phone agent couldn't figure it out. Tried the mobile app on a whim, and it worked.
I did OLCI with RUC wait listed yesterday and was able to check in as well, but also using mobile.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Can't phone agents process check-ins as well? That would be another reason to call.
They can uncheck you in, but only you can check you in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.