Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental AMS-DTW questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Intercontinental AMS-DTW questions

First time Delta but Flying Blue Plat, if this is important. Anyhow, I fly with my Family of four (+1, 3, 8 and 14) in two weeks in Delta Comfort and was asking myself: Does DL hand out any acitivity stuff for the kids? And do they still have amenity kits? If yes, with socks and earplugs?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bjotr
First time Delta but Flying Blue Plat, if this is important. Anyhow, I fly with my Family of four (+1, 3, 8 and 14) in two weeks in Delta Comfort and was asking myself: Does DL hand out any acitivity stuff for the kids? And do they still have amenity kits? If yes, with socks and earplugs?
I'm not aware of activities for kids, but don't swear to that.

Comfort+ does get an amenity kit, but it includes earplugs and eyeshades — no socks. Business does get socks.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
The IFE does have some games and shows oriented toward children, but I've never seen them hand out anything.

The C+ amenity I got last week also had a toothbrush, in addition to the mentioned earplugs and sleep mask.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Rarely a pilot or FA will hand out plastic DL pilots' wings to kids.

IIRC there's a page in the back of Sky magazine with a couple puzzles and games for kids such a finding the way out of a maze and finding what's different or wrong in a picture.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. What a difference in Europe, where Kids even get a present on short-haul flights.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Nothing for kids... but the IFE should have plenty of kids movies/TV shows.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Just had another question: We have three hours in Detroit, before going on our ongoing flight to Chicago. I know, that we have to pick up the luggage and check it in again. Do we have to go also through security again, or is there a direct link between check in the luggage and the departure terminal?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
All international arrivals to the US must reclesr security before going into a domestic flight. That said, there's a dedicated checkpoint for international arrivals.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
All international arrivals to the US must reclesr security before going into a domestic flight. That said, there's a dedicated checkpoint for international arrivals.
The checkpoint outside of customs doesn't have PreCheck, so if the line's long, you can exit and head upstairs to one that does have it.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads
The checkpoint outside of customs doesn't have PreCheck, so if the line's long, you can exit and head upstairs to one that does have it.
And if those are backed up, you can go through the Westin hotel (entrance at the south end of the terminal -- upper departures level) which has it's own security checkpoint (open from 7:45AM to 7:00PM) which is pretty much never backed up. You'll need to drop off your checked luggage first, however.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM
Thanks. What a difference in Europe, where Kids even get a present on short-haul flights.
Some airports (like SAT) always hand out activity books to kids. But they're probably rare.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Do yourself a favor and buy a $50 Fire Tablet for your kids...
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
@hi55us: We got iPads for everybody. That works too.
@all: Is there Sky Priority in the dedicated international Arrivals security?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thanks.
@hi55us: We got iPads for everybody. That works too.
@all: Is there Sky Priority in the dedicated international Arrivals security?
In DTW? If using security just as you drop off any checked baggage, no. If you went completely outside and upstairs you could use the regular SP lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.