Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival Lounge in MEX?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
Arrival Lounge in MEX?

Heading to MEX over the holidays. Upon arrival we'll have several hours to kill in the airport while waiting for other family to arrive on later flights; eventually catching a car service to our ultimate destination outside the city.

It's been a while since I've flown into MEX. Can I go to the Aeromexico lounge on arrival while waiting or do incoming international passengers (from ATL) have to go through security/customs to get back into the airside area where the lounge is? (I won't have a connecting ticket so I doubt that would be an option.)

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:26 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just connected through MEX for the first time last week. Everyone has to go through customs/immigration and I don't think you can get back airside.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
Thanks. That's what I figured but was hoping otherwise.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
No, do not pass go!

Sorry, lived here for 6 years traveling back to USA and Mexico 8 times a year. Sorry you must go thru immigration and then baggage control..no lounge access.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite
Def no lounge access in that scenario...

But several alternatives available for killing time...

1) The fast food court is delicious. It's on the upper level, left side (as you face away from the gates), on the way to parking lot.

2) Casa Avila, pretty good Spanish food, full service. On far right lower level as you face away from the gates. (Near where domestic arrivals spill out).

3) Wings. Burgers and traditional Mexican. Wifi. One lower level, one upper level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.