Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM's rollover-am I just screwed ??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
MQM's rollover-am I just screwed ??

Before my flight home yesterday from Phoenix to MSP, I was at 49,583 MQM's for the year. I tried to take out my skymiles number as I did NOT want to earn miles for the trip home. I was told that I could not do it once the trip began. So I called Delta Gold Line and spoke to Shirley in Atlanta and she placed me on hold and came back and said to fly the trip as normal and to call today and that they would take out the miles. I asked her several times to document the record and if this would really happen. She said Delta would do it as a "one-time" favor for me.

Today, I called Delta and while they can clearly see her notes, they refuse to do it because it's against policy. Had I been told this yesterday, I actually would not canceled my return ticket and flown home using miles or on another airline.

Any thoughts on who to talk to about this? I really wanted to rollover 24,000+ MQM's....
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM
Have you met the Gold MQD requirement? If not and you have met the Silver MQD requirement, you will still roll the miles. If you met the requirement for the Gold MQD I imagine you are out of luck. Enjoy being a Gold for next year.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by SATXFlyer
Have you met the Gold MQD requirement? If not and you have met the Silver MQD requirement, you will still roll the miles. If you met the requirement for the Gold MQD I imagine you are out of luck. Enjoy being a Gold for next year.

I am now at 51,XXX MQM's for the yr, but don't want to be....

I would have NOT flown this segment had I been told correct information yesterday.....

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Deleted. Same question as SATFXflyer's post.
Original Poster

I tried to stay Silver...was told wrong information by a DL rep and they are not honoring it....unreal, Delta....
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
technically the agent was correct in that, once you have started the trip, you can't remove or change a FF account for mileage credit purposes ... it sounds like a higher-level supervisor is now overruling the the "one-time favor" that the agent promised and documented

hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction, but I really wouldn't count on it
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To repeat the earlier questions, have you met the requirement for MQDs for GM? If not, that might save your rollover but you might need to avoid using a DL AmEx card through the end of the year---or even find something to return to the store if you're close.

Otherwise, I'd try to escalate since it sounds like the first agent did indeed document your record about the exceptiion that was promised so it's clearly not a matter of he said/she said.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To repeat the earlier questions, have you met the requirement for MQDs for GM? If not, that might save your rollover but you might need to avoid using a DL AmEx card through the end of the year---or even find something to return to the store if you're close.
Prior to the trip yesterday my MQM balance was 49,517
AFTER the trip it is now 51,XXX
so I can now rollover 1,000 miles vs. 24,000 miles.

I would have flown home another way yesterday had I been told correct information....just a bummer that DL rep told me the wrong info and they agree I was told the wrong info, but won't honor it....
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by twoner32

I would have flown home another way yesterday had I been told correct information....just a bummer that DL rep told me the wrong info and they agree I was told the wrong info, but won't honor it....
The question is MQD (what you've paid) not MQM (miles flown)
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by twoner32

You're still not answering our questions about MQDs. Not having spent enough on DL fares or a DL AmEx card could save your MQMs.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I used to hold short of DM but after being DM for 4 years and starting 5th I can say I would never hold short again. You do not know what will happen to the program or your situation so take what you can now.

I am not an instant gratification type person but in this case I think it makes sense.

Obviously everyone has their own reasons and it is a bummer when you get bad information but they may be doing you a favor, FO is really not worth much. Enjoy GM!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
Given that they acknowledge they told you they would do this, I would HUCA at least a few times to see what I can get done.

Once you make gold, you might have more success calling the gold line.

It's also worth a tweet to @DeltaAssist. They sometimes handle things in a more streamlined way.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by huskerchad
Given that they acknowledge they told you they would do this, I would HUCA at least a few times to see what I can get done.

Once you make gold, you might have more success calling the gold line.

It's also worth a tweet to @DeltaAssist. They sometimes handle things in a more streamlined way.
OP might also have more success with the (404) post flight complaint number in Atlanta rather than just the usual FO reservations line.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TommyD2
The question is MQD (what you've paid) not MQM (miles flown)
already spent $7500 MQD
want to rollover 24,000 MQM's so I can make platinum next year vs. only Gold
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE:

DELTA took care of this for me. #THANKFUL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.