Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Keyser
that too....either way, its all a ploy to get move votes....doesn't give me too much confidence on the long term viability on whether this bailout will work....i'm not booking any flights on 9w for the foreseeable future....
I am booked on 9W coming back from india in J next month. sigh...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sdadept
what route????
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
DL would likely rebook you in a situation where 9W is no more flying the route. But it may end up not being in J.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Why? I can't imagine anyone willingly booking any trip that involves them. I had two that I booked a month ago before i realized the trouble. I was able to cancel one and I flew the other (AMS-BOM) last week. I had a KLM backup plan for that flight if it didn't go. It went on time, but no IFE on the whole plane and no amenity kits in J. Many of the J seats didn't recline. They obviously don't have the $ to make repairs.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Why? I can't imagine anyone willingly booking any trip that involves them. I had two that I booked a month ago before i realized the trouble. I was able to cancel one and I flew the other (AMS-BOM) last week. I had a KLM backup plan for that flight if it didn't go. It went on time, but no IFE on the whole plane and no amenity kits in J. Many of the J seats didn't recline. They obviously don't have the $ to make repairs.
maybe sdadept booked before all these problems started....i still have a couple of long haul 9w bookings, one to lhr & another to ams in august & october....luckily, both these booking are fully refundable & booked via dl....so if the fights get cancelled then dl will put me on another flight....if the airline is still hanging around with all their problem till that point then i can cancel myself & book on klm or af instead....
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Why? I can't imagine anyone willingly booking any trip that involves them.
If it's Delta ticketed, DL has a responsibility to rebook.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don’t need to imagine people choosing to book 9W for AMS-North America as I can see how some would consider it. I’m not sure yet if I would be one to do so myself for a very near term flight, as insolvent carriers are more likely to have inadequate resources for top-notch mechanical maintenance of the planes and to delay what they think can be delayed. I would hope that the relevant Indian, European, Canadian and American authorities would be monitoring the situation to make sure that safety isn’t being sacrificed.

I would consider it for as far out in time as DL would allow me to book it using SkyMiles.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would hope that the relevant Indian, European, Canadian and American authorities would be monitoring the situation to make sure that safety isn’t being sacrificed.

I remember flying Kingfisher when they were bordering on bankruptcy and they didn't have any drinks in Business. Food was also very limited and no IFE. I am not nervous of flying but that 8hr flight from LHR was a scary one. If they can't afford to carry $1000 worth of drinks on a flight then how can they afford to pay for the airplanes upkeep.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Honestly, I would love for 9W to go under, such a horrible experience and I would love for them to be replaced by literally anyone.

I can still imagine a trip or two to DEL in the next 12 months, and I'm still debating my flight options, but 9W was never an option.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wimsta
Honestly, I would love for 9W to go under, such a horrible experience and I would love for them to be replaced by literally anyone.

I can still imagine a trip or two to DEL in the next 12 months, and I'm still debating my flight options, but 9W was never an option.
I didn't mind their regional product in India, but their international product was horrible - mostly the seats were so uncomfortable for more than an hour. Food was good though.

The big question is what will Delta (and Skyteam) have in India if 9W does fully collapse? There are only 2 other full-service airlines - Air India and Vistara. Air India is already wrapped up in Star Alliance, and Vistara is good, but new and has limited routes.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmac7273
Vistara is good, but new and has limited routes.
which i'm sure will increase if 9w goes under....also, they will start flying international soon....
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Flew Jet on BLR-AMS on the the A330 just now. Crew was EXCEPTIONAL. Food was mediocre - but all present. Alcohol was normal, got amenity kits (nicer than my last trip). Lounge access was offered and honored.
However, IFE was completely down (thank god I had preloaded my iPad). Biz class cabin was half empty - everyone's seats seemed to work.
Their seats are still way better than Air France to BLR!
This was Delta ticketed - and I tried to switch out beforehand but Delta was inflexible.
-Shaown
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
which i'm sure will increase if 9w goes under....also, they will start flying international soon....
If Vistara can become a regional/international competitor, I would be very happy. I haven't had the pleasure of flying them yet, but all reviews seem very positive.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmac7273
If Vistara can become a regional/international competitor, I would be very happy. I haven't had the pleasure of flying them yet, but all reviews seem very positive.
i take around 2 return flights on them a month, on a sector where 9w does/did not operate....i'm very pleased with the airline....
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
If Vistara does join an alliance I would have thought it would be *A due to its close links with SQ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.