Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Now that Goyal has stepped down, a bailout package has been arranged correct?
for some godforsaken reason, the government is pushing sbi & other public sector banks to bail 9w out....lets see how things unfold over the next few days....
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Upcoming election is probably part of the reason.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by N515CR
Upcoming election is probably part of the reason.
this is the only explanation....after 5 years of mismanagement, the government is now trying to portray themselves as business friendly....i'm not quite sure how the bank will be able to manage the airline though....even with the bailout, things are not looking too good for 9w....
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
this is the only explanation....after 5 years of mismanagement, the government is now trying to portray themselves as business friendly....i'm not quite sure how the bank will be able to manage the airline though....even with the bailout, things are not looking too good for 9w....
It has more to do with preventing massive loss of jobs before an election. Otherwise 9W would be gone.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It has more to do with preventing massive loss of jobs before an election. Otherwise 9W would be gone.
that too....either way, its all a ploy to get move votes....doesn't give me too much confidence on the long term viability on whether this bailout will work....i'm not booking any flights on 9w for the foreseeable future....
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Slightly OT but DL have increased the India to Europe redemption from 62,500 to 75,000.That's almost doubled in under 2 years.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Slightly OT but DL have increased the India to Europe redemption from 62,500 to 75,000.That's almost doubled in under 2 years.
While I, like you, don't love the increase as a London-based traveler who goes to India 1-2x a year, I don't see how 62.5k --> 75k is "almost doubled" (unless you meant 42.5k, on par with the Europe-Middle East rates)?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There's North America-India in coach r/t at 74K.

I don't think DL is too concerned about redemptions Europe-India. I'd love to see a breakdown of SkyMiles membership and SkyMiles earning by region.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So I use India-EU redemptions all the time (I stop In EU on my way back India-EU-US). It was 42.5 then 65 now 75 for J. Totally crazy. And they raised US-India from 62t o 70 to 100 and now 135k in J. It just changes way way too much. And you can’t book close in awards at a reasonable rate. I am fine if there aren’t many lower priced options but none because of the new 90 days advance or what ever is crazy.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they still have 65k india - europe redemption rates if you fly sv....i noticed the increase on most of the other carriers last week but booked on sv this morning at the old 65k rate....
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
While I, like you, don't love the increase as a London-based traveler who goes to India 1-2x a year, I don't see how 62.5k --> 75k is "almost doubled" (unless you meant 42.5k, on par with the Europe-Middle East rates)?
Europe - India used to be 42,500 each way not that long ago.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott/Hilton Gold
9W down to 20 planes. Although they averted the pilot strike yesterday, the pilots are now set to strike on April 15 unless back wages are paid. If 9W goes down, that will leave an even larger hole for SkyTeam in India.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Originally Posted by Keyser
i would suggest you try calling again....the agent said they had been receiving multiple calls regarding cancelled 9w flights & were aware of the situation....
So after an unsuccessful attempt with the Platinum line to change a DL marketed ticket with a 9W leg (AMS to DEL) for late April travel a few weeks ago, I called back again, and persisted with the agent. She said that there were no official internal bulletins or notices about 9W, and then said, "let's see what we can do." After a long hold, I was able to change to a separate itinerary via CDG, on AF, with no penalty or difference in fare (just a slight increase in taxes owed). This was on a paid business class ticket.

The YYZ-AMS-DEL flight on Jet is operating daily -- seems to be on an A330 owned by Jet ... but the situation is still very fluid and uncertain. Definitely a relief to be on another carrier. Not sure how the airline can survive without a massive bailout.
BenA likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
So after an unsuccessful attempt with the Platinum line to change a DL marketed ticket with a 9W leg (AMS to DEL) for late April travel a few weeks ago, I called back again, and persisted with the agent. She said that there were no official internal bulletins or notices about 9W, and then said, "let's see what we can do." After a long hold, I was able to change to a separate itinerary via CDG, on AF, with no penalty or difference in fare (just a slight increase in taxes owed). This was on a paid business class ticket.

The YYZ-AMS-DEL flight on Jet is operating daily -- seems to be on an A330 owned by Jet ... but the situation is still very fluid and uncertain. Definitely a relief to be on another carrier. Not sure how the airline can survive without a massive bailout.
glad it worked out....
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:44 pm

Jet has one of the best Skymiles flights I have ever seen. 25000 for YYZ to AMS every day at 6:30pm. It is always available. It's not luxury, but I don't care at 25000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.