Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Would AI allow that?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shaown
Flew Jet on BLR-AMS on the the A330 just now. Crew was EXCEPTIONAL. Food was mediocre - but all present. Alcohol was normal, got amenity kits (nicer than my last trip). Lounge access was offered and honored.
However, IFE was completely down (thank god I had preloaded my iPad). Biz class cabin was half empty - everyone's seats seemed to work.
Their seats are still way better than Air France to BLR!
This was Delta ticketed - and I tried to switch out beforehand but Delta was inflexible.
-Shaown
Indeed, 9W can’t pay the bill for their IFE system and has deactivated it fleet wide. Rumor is they also have stopped paying for lounge access at Indian airports. Bring an iPad with movies and a Priority Pass card...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
And today, a 777-300 was seized in Amsterdam for nonpayment of dues to a cargo agent. Up until now, European flights had been proceeding while the rest of the network was downsized, but this will likely force cancellations or severe delays affecting EU routes as well going forward.

9W 231 AMS-BOM was briefly cancelled, then uncancelled with a 7 hour delay? So maybe they’ll be able to shuffle some cash to pay off the lien and get the aircraft back.

But this kind of nonsense will continue to get worse without a bailout plan. A.net rumors also indicate the fuel supply may have been cut off again in India, for example...

Again, as should be clear from this thread, do NOT book 9W flights until the situation improves.

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I recently had a paid first class ticket on a 9W flight that was canceled with no refund. It wasn’t very expensive, but I’m going to try taking it up with AmEx and see if I can get anywhere. My calls to 9W just ended in complete confusion.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by dmac7273
The big question is what will Delta (and Skyteam) have in India if 9W does fully collapse? There are only 2 other full-service airlines - Air India and Vistara. Air India is already wrapped up in Star Alliance, and Vistara is good, but new and has limited routes.
DL/Skyteam is pretty much SOL if/when 9W folds. Vistara is linked to SQ so not likely to partner up with a rival alliance. This whole Jet fiasco is why Delta has likely postponed any nonstop India service indefinitely.

Also read somewhere that Delta may now have zeroed out future DL-codeshared-9W operated flights (e.g, any attempt to book trips on delta.com to BOM or DEL are strictly through AF/KL and no more 9W-operated flights; flights to HYD or MAA which require a 9W connection are simply not available). Check your itineraries and give DL a call if you are booked on future 9W-operated flights.

Last edited by ClipperDelta; Apr 10, 2019 at 7:06 pm
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
If i read it correctly 9W owns EU freight handler WSF still € 1.5 million, WSH has therefore seized the Boeing 777 @AMS
Might want to keep a close eye at the other (DEL/BOM) flights;

Jet Airways 232
JAI232 / 9W232
Scheduled
Thursday 11-Apr-2019
05:20AM IST
(2 hours 50 minutes late)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
What was the outcome? Did they get it back after paying the dues?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by onlysuites
What was the outcome? Did they get it back after paying the dues?
They didn't pay. It's still on the ground here.
Bangalore-Amsterdam was cancelled for today, in the coming days Toronto-Amsterdam will be cancelled. When Toronto-Amsterdam is out of the system Bangalore-Amsterdam will come back.
Also cancelled: Parijs-Chennai & the Delhi and Mumbai flights to Colombo and Singapore.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
all international flights have been cancelled for the next 48 hours....they will take a call after that on what the immediate future holds for 9w....
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
SkyTeam should have left them alone while they were in BRU!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Why? I can't imagine anyone willingly booking any trip that involves them. I had two that I booked a month ago before i realized the trouble. I was able to cancel one and I flew the other (AMS-BOM) last week. I had a KLM backup plan for that flight if it didn't go. It went on time, but no IFE on the whole plane and no amenity kits in J. Many of the J seats didn't recline. They obviously don't have the $ to make repairs.
despite being an exec at one of the largest companies in the US, i still have to follow corporate travel policy which means they book international J for me and they put me on 9w. When 9w just collapsed they moved me to KLM. I'm excited to get my first klm 787 business class experience though.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sdadept
I'm excited to get my first klm 787 business class experience though.
Enjoy -- but I've got to say, for me, the KL implementation of the 787 business class is not great. My only other 787 experience was on VN and I think VN made a better seat selection.
My biggest gripe about the KL seat is the placement of the controls for both the seat and the handheld entertainment controller. The seat controls are right where I put my arm and just resting your arm wrong activates the seat controls. Same with the entertainment controller -- my shoulder bumped into it and activated it.
Here is a youtube vid of the VN seat -
and the KL seat -
In the vid you can see the placement of the KL seat controller - right where you rest your arm.
My most recent KL trip included both the 787 and the 777-3 and even though the 777 is 2-2-2, I thought the seats more comfortable.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Plat
ua to partner with vistara, possibly to preempt a dl partnership (at the very least a slap in the face to ai)

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....m=BoardingArea
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by runningformqm
ua to partner with vistara, possibly to preempt a dl partnership (at the very least a slap in the face to ai)

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....m=BoardingArea
They don't seem to have a great relationship with AI. Perhaps AI can sour on *A and we could find a new SkyTeam member? Pie in the sky, I know...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.