Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Overhead Storage Bin Space: Coats Versus Luggage

Overhead Storage Bin Space: Coats Versus Luggage

Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Calchas
I'm glad you aren't looking after my coat
Haha, my mom and sisters would say the same! I usually only ever travel with my Colombia winter coat, it has seen much worse than the floor of an airplane!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by huskerchad
When the FA says, as they often do, not to put your coat in the overhead bin, or specifically asks it to be removed, then yes, you have to. At that point if you don't do it, you're interfering with the FA and violating federal law.
That is not quite what the federal law is about. But if the FA insisted, I would take her name and number and would contact Richard Anderson ([email protected] or Richard Anderson, PO Box 20706, Atlanta, Georgia 30320) (and yes as a 4+ million miler, I get personal xmas cards from him every year). There is nothing in Delta's rules that state that coats cannot go overhead. She would be reassigned to training if she pushed it.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by BeatCal
That is not quite what the federal law is about. But if the FA insisted, I would take her name and number and would contact Richard Anderson ([email protected] or Richard Anderson, PO Box 20706, Atlanta, Georgia 30320) (and yes as a 4+ million miler, I get personal xmas cards from him every year). There is nothing in Delta's rules that state that coats cannot go overhead. She would be reassigned to training if she pushed it.
Bwahaha you get funnier and funnier.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh my, a DYKWIK...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
Pretty sure FA's are not going to get retrained about letting fat girls keep sandwiches in the overheads.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Pretty sure FA's are not going to get retrained about letting fat girls keep sandwiches in the overheads.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
She has as much right as you do to use the bin. Seems to me that you and your partner are the real DYKWIA
BRRRR. WRONG.
Coats should be allowed in the bins only after all roller-board bags have been accommodated. You do NOT have the right to place your coat in the overhead bin if it means someone's roller board gets checked at the gate.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Actually, if she is an FO, she should be allowed to keep the sandwich in the overhead, because that way she won't get any of it on my jacket and roller board that she has to keep in her lap.

I am a triple double diamond so I don't want other peoples stuff rubbing against my roller board in the overhead and I don't want her sandwich on it either.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
😀
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spamkiller
Actually, if she is an FO, she should be allowed to keep the sandwich in the overhead, because that way she won't get any of it on my jacket and roller board that she has to keep in her lap.

I am a triple double diamond so I don't want other peoples stuff rubbing against my roller board in the overhead and I don't want her sandwich on it either.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by spamkiller

Triple double diamond....boggles the mind
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by pmaclell
Triple double diamond....boggles the mind
Triple double diamond/kryptonium personal friend of Mr Anderson... Beat that
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:03 pm
HMO

(and yes as a 4+ million miler, I get personal xmas cards from him every year).
You really are at the right thread
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMO
You really are at the right thread
RAKWYA
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:13 pm
Suspended

LOL. You'd contact the CEO of Delta because an FA hung up your coat?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.