Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I don't even know how to title this

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I don't even know how to title this

They are currently boarding my SEA-MSP flight and 1B strings xmas lights all around his seat and has a mini xmas tree. And older lady has already snagged her shawl on it and drug the string back to the 4th row.

http://s952.photobucket.com/user/yoh...yh2cy.jpg.html

Last edited by yohanson; Dec 10, 2015 at 1:38 am
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DM hat guy meets Santa Claus?

An Excess of Christmas Spirit?

How did he decorate his seat during boarding? Was he standing in the aisle and blocking traffic? We need a picture please.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DM hat guy meets Santa Claus?

An Excess of Christmas Spirit?

How did he decorate his seat during boarding? Was he standing in the aisle and blocking traffic? We need a picture please.
Yes but not a lot...he's effing around again but boarding is done.

Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:46 am
Original Poster

So as we pushed back, he gathered everything up and put everything away.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:45 am

Christmas affects everyone differently..
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I've seen AS FA's string Xmas lights in the cabin before. I even have a photo somewhere on FT of it. But I've never seen a Pax adorn themselves with lights...could be a new trend ^
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
The holiday version of DYKWIA
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Lol, guess somebody has some extra christmas spirit?
Did he bring the lights back out after reaching 10k feet?

Looks like an LED strand, and assuming he plugged in to the in seat power.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could a FA have told him to turn off the lights and put them away? The holiday lights would be annoying on a night flight where the cabin lights are dimmed for sleep. Plus, he's not wearing a tin hat to protect his brain from interference from the lights.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:12 am

FT's War on Christmas

An FA on a recent LAX-DTW, had the entire cart covered in Christmas lights, some sort of reindeer stuffed animal, and a Disney-esque Christmas light necklace like you'd buy a 3 year old at the park to placate to their innate need for a souvenir.

It was fun, but seriously, just hand me my pretzels & ginger ale and carry on.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
An FA on a recent LAX-DTW, had the entire cart covered in Christmas lights, some sort of reindeer stuffed animal, and a Disney-esque Christmas light necklace like you'd buy a 3 year old at the park to placate to their innate need for a souvenir.

It was fun, but seriously, just hand me my pretzels & ginger ale and carry on.
Tacky but it sounds like fun.

I've noticed a lot of FAs wearing Christmas pins some years: tiny wreaths or trees, sometimes with fake jewels and sometimes colored enamel, wood, etc., tiny stuffed animal like reindeer, Santas, but having lights takes it to a whole new level....
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Tacky but it sounds like fun.

I've noticed a lot of FAs wearing Christmas pins some years: tiny wreaths or trees, sometimes with fake jewels and sometimes colored enamel, wood, etc., tiny stuffed animal like reindeer, Santas, but having lights takes it to a whole new level....

Totally agreed.

A little tacky, but at least she comes to the job and has fun. I'll take that day over a curmudgeon, grinch or bah humbug FA.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Totally agreed.

A little tacky, but at least she comes to the job and has fun. I'll take that day over a curmudgeon, grinch or bah humbug FA.
Yep, and it also shows that the FA cared enough to think of doing this, plan for it, and bring the stuff to work with her, maybe even purchasing some of it specially for this purpose. Cheers to her!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Just when you think you've seen it all

I'd be afraid to be next to that guy on a plane come Halloween time.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Just when you think you've seen it all

I'd be afraid to be next to that guy on a plane come Halloween time.
What about the Fourth of July? Would he try to bring his own fireworks to use on board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.