Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ200 routes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
ATL-BQK still runs it, honestly if the CRJ left I would not be surprised if they go down to one flight a day on an A-320/319.
Honestly, aren't these sub 1hr (wheels up to wheels down) fights to small cities exactly what 200's are for? Personally I'd rather have 3 options on 200's, again assuming <1hr flight time, than 1 option on a larger plane.

Taking BQK as an example, currently there is a 1030, 3 and 745 flight. Dropping any of those could easily make for a REALLY long day or an overnight connection, and at that point driving is probably much faster.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kop84
Honestly, aren't these sub 1hr (wheels up to wheels down) fights to small cities exactly what 200's are for? Personally I'd rather have 3 options on 200's, again assuming <1hr flight time, than 1 option on a larger plane.

Taking BQK as an example, currently there is a 1030, 3 and 745 flight. Dropping any of those could easily make for a REALLY long day or an overnight connection, and at that point driving is probably much faster.
Exactly. The 50-seaters still have a clear place in DL's fleet, and lots of smaller cities will lose service if they go. Some places can't justify even a moderate upgauge to a CRJ7.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:02 am

Came across this as i'm traveling to PWM later this month.

appears to be 5 flights a day to PWM. 3 on the CR2 and 2 on the CR9.

Happy to have the option of 5 flights a day, the chance to SDS to an earlier/later flight and get home the day I need to than to have 1-2 flights on an A320.

Of course as a FT'er i booked myself on the CR9s hoping to get the upgrade
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris
ATL-BQK still runs it, honestly if the CRJ left I would not be surprised if they go down to one flight a day on an A-320/319.
That would be unfortunate. See, people love to hate the CRJ but I would rather have multiple flights on a smaller aircraft than just one flight on a large aircraft.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
That would be unfortunate. See, people love to hate the CRJ but I would rather have multiple flights on a smaller aircraft than just one flight on a large aircraft.
There definitely is a trade-off between comfort and schedule when it comes to small cities. If DL were to completely drop CRJ200's dozens of cities would lose DL service, and in the EAS markets they would most likely inevitably be picked up by Silver Airways or Great Lakes.

You'll see people begging for the 200's over the Saab's and Beechcrafts that could end up filling the void!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
My MSP-TUL flight today is on a CR2.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by kop84
There definitely is a trade-off between comfort and schedule when it comes to small cities. If DL were to completely drop CRJ200's dozens of cities would lose DL service, and in the EAS markets they would most likely inevitably be picked up by Silver Airways or Great Lakes.

You'll see people begging for the 200's over the Saab's and Beechcrafts that could end up filling the void!
Actually I would prefer a prop, they have more room and every time I have flown one we have left the gate early because so few passengers. I will take the noise over having a 300lb person next to me pushing me out of my seat.

I would drive 4 hrs before spending 30mins in a CRJ2.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Before the merger CO upgauged all intra-Texas-IAH flights to ERJs and removed all prop jobs. It meant cutting the two or three flights a day to a lot of cities down to 1. Also as for comfort I find the Beech 1900 much more enjoyable then a CRJ2/E145. 1-1 seating beats 1-2 and they just feel bigger even though they're really smaller.

As for DL, I am glad DL got rid of the NW Saabs. Those were just awful. I literally had to sit sideways when flying on one. The FA didn't even say anything with me sitting sideways for takeoff/landing. Did it twice, and decided I'd drive/take train/fly myself regardless of the cost to avoid ever flying one again.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yohanson
My MSP-TUL flight today is on a CR2.
That's a route less than the limit of 750 miles for domestic single-class flights that DL announced in 2010. Just 615 miles. Time to build some stamina.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Before the merger CO upgauged all intra-Texas-IAH flights to ERJs and removed all prop jobs. It meant cutting the two or three flights a day to a lot of cities down to 1. Also as for comfort I find the Beech 1900 much more enjoyable then a CRJ2/E145. 1-1 seating beats 1-2 and they just feel bigger even though they're really smaller.

As for DL, I am glad DL got rid of the NW Saabs. Those were just awful. I literally had to sit sideways when flying on one. The FA didn't even say anything with me sitting sideways for takeoff/landing. Did it twice, and decided I'd drive/take train/fly myself regardless of the cost to avoid ever flying one again.
While they may be marginally more comfortable Great Lakes cancels flights when someone sneezes too hard.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SW Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by injera
Came across this as i'm traveling to PWM later this month.

appears to be 5 flights a day to PWM. 3 on the CR2 and 2 on the CR9.

Happy to have the option of 5 flights a day, the chance to SDS to an earlier/later flight and get home the day I need to than to have 1-2 flights on an A320.

Of course as a FT'er i booked myself on the CR9s hoping to get the upgrade
I was on a CR9 LGA-PWM back in June and it was an old busted plane. The lav light was not working so you either had to hold it (not a long flight, but you know...) or do your business in the dark.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That's a route less than the limit of 750 miles for domestic single-class flights that DL announced in 2010. Just 615 miles. Time to build some stamina.
At least the MSP-OKC flights have an F cabin now.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
ATL-ABY
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Good news: DL is still flying CVG-MCI and I was able to book RDU-CVG-MCI for November
Bad news: CVG-MCI is a CRJ-200
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Good news: DL is still flying CVG-MCI and I was able to book RDU-CVG-MCI for November
Bad news: CVG-MCI is a CRJ-200
CVG is CRJ-200 central. Better than no service, but some of those routes are long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.