Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

T&C Clarification on Delta VDB eCredit Vouchers

Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO

Recently I VDB'ed on three flights. In total I received:
  • Two Delta eCredit vouchers (both vouchers are issued in my name)
  • One VDB gift credit I can use to select from an AMEX Reward Card, Delta eGift Card, and other store gift cards such as Amazon, Best Buy, Macy's, etc.

I'd like to use my VDB compensation to purchase an international flight for me and my husband.

The terms and conditions on the eCredit VDB vouchers state:
Voucher is non-transferable unless assigned to someone traveling with the original voucher owner on the same reservation at the time the voucher is being redeemed.
Also from the T&C -
A maximum of one voucher per passenger may be applied and used on one ticket.
My questions are:
  1. Can I use two vouchers (one voucher per person) on one ticket (i.e., use eCredit Voucher #1 for me and eCredit Voucher #2 for my husband)?
  2. Would my best selection of "gifts" for the $500 VDB would be the AMEX Reward Card to pay for any residual costs associated with the tickets?
  3. Can I use the eCredit VDB vouchers to pay for an upgrade to Comfort+ or would that have to be paid with cash or the AMEX Reward Card?
  4. If the cost of the ticket exceeds my VDB compensation, can I combine Pay With Miles as a form of payment in this scenario?

I am only an FO if that is relevant to any of the answers. Many thanks for your help.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
I'm not for certain, but I believe the answers are as follows:

1) Yes. Book them together on the same reservations. Hopefully this can be accomplished online, but you might have to call.
2) No. Unless you don't plan to use the full value (in which case using the amex card would be best as there would still be $$ on it), the best option would be the delta e-gift card. This does not operate like the vouchers. It's treated as a payment method. I've selected the $200 e-gift card as a DM before and combined it with a voucher.
3) Depends on when the travel is. If it's post May 16, it would all be priced into the C+ fare. In that case, yes. If it's before May 16 the e-gift card would work for sure, but I'm not so sure about the vouchers.
4) I believe so, yes. EDIT: Maybe not, per others

You could probably figure out most of this for sure by doing a test booking on DL.com.

Last edited by azeckel; Dec 8, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:03 am

1.)yes but you have to call and the ticketing charge should apply
2.)possibly removes a lot of the restrictions and see #3
3.) no only for the exchange of tickets comfort+ is a fee up until 16may
4.)pay with miles is not combinable with any other form of payment
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1) Usually DL waives the phone ticketing fee if you explain that it isn't possible to purchase your tickets on delta.dumb.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.