Wiki Posts
Search

No email confirming upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:19 pm
AFW
Original Poster

No email confirming upgrade

I have always enjoyed getting that email which tells me that my upgrade has been confirmed, especially when it is several days out. I booked a flight ATL-SEA-YVR leaving tomorrow (Saturday) and returning on Monday. I happened to check the flight on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had been upgraded on both SEA-YVR and YVR-SEA (no big surprise since apparently not many medallions fly this short hop). However, unlike in the past, I never received email notification of the upgrades. When I checked in earlier today, I was surprised to see that I had been upgraded on the ATL-SEA leg, since I never got email notification of the upgrade. Is Delta not sending out emails about the upgrades, or was this just some glitch involving my itinerary?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by AFW
I have always enjoyed getting that email which tells me that my upgrade has been confirmed, especially when it is several days out. I booked a flight ATL-SEA-YVR leaving tomorrow (Saturday) and returning on Monday. I happened to check the flight on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had been upgraded on both SEA-YVR and YVR-SEA (no big surprise since apparently not many medallions fly this short hop). However, unlike in the past, I never received email notification of the upgrades. When I checked in earlier today, I was surprised to see that I had been upgraded on the ATL-SEA leg, since I never got email notification of the upgrade. Is Delta not sending out emails about the upgrades, or was this just some glitch involving my itinerary?
Delta are still sending out these emails for flights booked directly through Delta. If you book through a TA/OTA, you will not receive a notification unless the TA/OTA sends one. Additionally, the timing of the notification matters. I can't recall receiving any notifications within 24 hours prior to departure, even when cleared before gate control.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I never got these with any regularity.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It's hit or miss whether you get an email, IME, even when booked directly through Delta.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:09 pm
AFW
Original Poster

I did book directly through Delta. I have always gotten email when I was upgraded prior to the day of the flight.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Delta are still sending out these emails for flights booked directly through Delta. If you book through a TA/OTA, you will not receive a notification unless the TA/OTA sends one. Additionally, the timing of the notification matters. I can't recall receiving any notifications within 24 hours prior to departure, even when cleared before gate control.
I got an email about 2 hours after checking in yesterday. So, about 22 hours from departure.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Got upgrade 4 days ago. No e-mail. I just checked Delta app. Voila!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I received 2 emails in the last 18 hours confirming upgrades for next week. Booked through Concur.

Flights aren't until Monday and Thursday.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I've gotten them every time I get the UG at the window, as far as I can recall. Most recent was last week.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
It's hit or miss whether you get an email, IME, even when booked directly through Delta.
Agreed but I'm close to 95% getting emails.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Well, YMMV, but I received an email (to my personal account in my DL profile) from DL about my upgrades for my trip this coming week confirming my upgrades, and my travel is booked through a TA (the email with that ticket info goes to my work email), so saying "you will not receive a notification unless the TA/OTA sends one" is incorrect, at least IME.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I also get regardless of if bought via TA or directly. The email is done via preference in the Skymiles account, thus it shouldn't matter.

Regardless, I have to ask why it's such a big deal to receive an email about the upgrade. It's not like you have to confirm the upgrade or lose it. If you're counting on First class benefits, (ie silver wanting SkyPriority or extra luggage) you'll know when you checkin online if you've been upgraded. Otherwise it's unlikely that you'll be upgraded till gate at that point.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I find the emails are hit and miss and all of my flights are booked on DL.com.

Last week I actually flew and got the email after I had completed my flight. I usually check DL.com at T-6 after 5pm EST to see if any of my upgrades cleared at the window. This way I can grab another seat if I don't like where the system put me.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I find it much faster to check my itinerary to see whether I've been upgraded. At that time, I can change the seat if needed, all in one step. IME if there's an email, it arrives hours after the upgrade has been confirmed, especially if it happens at the T-6 DM window.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I've been getting an email, usually after the last upgrade of the day clears when I've got more than one leg on a trip. Sometimes it's a couple of hours after the window even if they're already on delta.com. Doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's booked on delta.com or by the TA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.