Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Getting an itinerary on Delta to Hyderabad

Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

I have an upcoming trip to Hyderabad, India. I usually go into the Delta app and look for routes, and then call my company agent. Delta doesn't show anything to that airport. Just wondering what the best way is to try and book a flight that will keep on Delta or Delta partners most of the way, then possibly a switch in Mumbai or Bangalore to another carrier. Never flown to this part of the world.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
You can get to Mumbai (BOM) on DL + AF with a delta ticket. For now you can also get to Dubai (DXB) which isn't all that far, but that's ending.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Suggest using a site like flights.google.com or matrix.itasoftware.com to find routes/flight options. You can filter for specific carriers on either of those sites and find a DL/KL/AF option that might work.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
I did JFK-AMS-BOM-HYD on DL + jet, back when there was AMS-BOM, all on a DL ticket. I think you have to go through DEL though - either LHR-DEL (VS) or AMS-DEL (KL), and then jet. Not sure if DL publishes a fare for it now though. You can get some routings on Orbitz if you put in KL, VS, and 9W as your "preferred airlines." Note than if you connect in india you will almost inevitably end up arriving really late, e.g. 11pm-1am, and would need to spend the night in your connection point. Not obvious, but I would recommend *not* taking the first connection, and take a proper hotel, stay the whole night there, then take a mid-morning flight to DEL. Or maybe look at DXB routings. Or say screw it and fly LHR-HYD on BA.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
As the others have said, your options are limited to flying to BOM on AF via CDG or to DEL on KL via AMS, or to DXB.

I've arrived in BOM at 11 and then taken the 4pm or so 9W flight to BLR on a couple of occasions. Pretty brutal.

If I were you I'd seriously consider flying to DXB and connecting there.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by convergent
I have an upcoming trip to Hyderabad, India. I usually go into the Delta app and look for routes, and then call my company agent. Delta doesn't show anything to that airport. Just wondering what the best way is to try and book a flight that will keep on Delta or Delta partners most of the way, then possibly a switch in Mumbai or Bangalore to another carrier. Never flown to this part of the world.
So, what did you do? I have to go there in June, and not looking forwards to it.

r
Old May 3, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
If you are set on flying DL, and your post suggests so, then you can fly to DXB, AUH, DOH, BOM, or DEL and buy a separate ticket to HYD.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Have you considered the new Delta-KLM-Jet Airways code share arrangement; one of the markets served is Hyderabad.

http://news.delta.com/delta-and-klm-...as-jet-airways
Old May 4, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by DA201
If you are set on flying DL, and your post suggests so, then you can fly to DXB, AUH, DOH, BOM, or DEL and buy a separate ticket to HYD.
I thought about DXB, but DL cancelled that route.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Make sure you price out USA-DEL/BOM-HYD and USA-DEL/BOM and DEL/BOM-HYD. That last leg may make your ticket more expensive if you do it as a single ticket.

I recently did BOS-AMS-DEL-PNQ. I spent an extra couple of days in DEL to relax and recover. Only I did DEL-PNQ on 6E because I bought tickets before the 9W announcement. This time of year, sitting by the pool in India does not exactly suck.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:26 pm

Rather than start a new thread, this one seemed pretty close to what I'm looking to do so thought I'd just continue this recent one that came up in my search.

I'm flying BOS>SIN, staying for a couple of days, then wanted to use DL miles to fly SIN>BLR but nothing comes up on DL website for this itinerary. Is there another way to use DL miles to get from SIN>BLR?

Work will only pay for one of these legs, and I figured it would take less miles for the Asia leg, but perhaps the only option is to use my DL miles for BOS>SIN and have work pay for SIN>BLR
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by robr
I'm flying BOS>SIN, staying for a couple of days, then wanted to use DL miles to fly SIN>BLR but nothing comes up on DL website for this itinerary. Is there another way to use DL miles to get from SIN>BLR?

Work will only pay for one of these legs, and I figured it would take less miles for the Asia leg, but perhaps the only option is to use my DL miles for BOS>SIN and have work pay for SIN>BLR
Just looking at who flies to BLR who is a DL partner, your best option would literally be flying AF SIN-CDG-BLR, but that is ridiculous. What I would recommend doing is having your work pay for BOS-SIN and then paying out of pocket for SIN-BLR on a separate airline. Due to the large number of LCCs in SE Asia, the prices are relatively low for this route. Just doing a quick search, a one way trip is about $125-$150 with a one-stop itinerary on an LCC or about $380 nonstop on either SQ or MI. Save your miles.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:23 pm

Thanks for the advice, that definitely makes sense with fares that low.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.