Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pajamas Coming To Delta One Cabins?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, Southwest Companion Pass
I really wish DL would bring the mattress pads like VS, or the pads and sheet type things like Qatar and Emirates. They make a huge difference in sleeping. I do not really like sleeping directly on the DL pleather.

I also love the PJs. Yes, kinda gross to change into the lavs, but so comfy when you do.

Qatar's PJ are really nice. They are very stylish and comfy. I wear them at home all the time, and my family asks me to get them for them as well. VS are nice too, just not as good looking. I do love the bed comfort of the VS seats, but really dislike those seats for actually sitting.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
I'd take PJs over Mattress pads. It is usually too warm on the plane to use the duvet, and sleeping directly on the seat isn't comfy.

So I sleep on top of the duvet. Much more comfy, and keeps me at about the right temperature.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
On TPAC flights I usually change into scrubs and a long-sleeve base layer shirt, and then set up the duvet as a fold over, providing some cushion to the lay-flat seat. I change the shirt in the lav and into the scrubs under the duvet.

With the amount of privacy in the D1 seat, someone would really have to work hard to watch.

If DL provides a good alternative, it would just lighten what I have to carry.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
when they acquire new a/c, it would be nice if DL added a small changing room that is not a lav to D1 cabins so that PAX have a clean (and dry) place to change. This would be good for PJ's but also would be great if you need to go directly to a meeting in nice clothes that you don't want to wear for the whole flight.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Urine is the least of your worries. Its just creepy to wear airline PJs. Do you know where those have been?
The ones I got from BA some years back had been nowhere; they were new.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Urine is the least of your worries. Its just creepy to wear airline PJs. Do you know where those have been?
Usually they have been in the clothing company which made them and then in the plastic bag in which they are handed to you. They're "disposable" and intended for one time use on the plane, although often FAs will give you an extra new set to take with you. You can launder and wear them quite a few times before they fall apart, if you're inclined to lounge in them at home.

AFAIK there's only one airline that collects the PJs at the end of the flight. It's an Asian carrier, perhaps JAL. I know it's not SQ and also not QF.

BTW, is this worse than using a bathrobe from a hotel room or spa? What about letting a gym supply exercise attire? How about hospital gowns (not the paper disposable ones) as an inpatient? [A very few luxury hotels will supply PJs for sleep.]
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by FrontRow
On TPAC flights I usually change into scrubs and a long-sleeve base layer shirt, and then set up the duvet as a fold over, providing some cushion to the lay-flat seat. I change the shirt in the lav and into the scrubs under the duvet.

With the amount of privacy in the D1 seat, someone would really have to work hard to watch.

If DL provides a good alternative, it would just lighten what I have to carry.
Dressing down is almost mandatory on long flights. I've never understood dressing up for a 13 or 14 hour flight. I usually change into something in the skyclub that a teenager would wear to a sleepover. I sleep 7 or 8 solid hours once I put my head down.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by walterh
Dressing down is almost mandatory on long flights. I've never understood dressing up for a 13 or 14 hour flight. I usually change into something in the skyclub that a teenager would wear to a sleepover. I sleep 7 or 8 solid hours once I put my head down.
I've often thought that it would be so much more convenient to change into PJs in the lounge, but one rarely sees people doing this. People changes clothes from their work outfits, but rarely into PJ-like things as opposed to comfortable street attire.

On the other end, I wouldn't want to pass through immigration or arrive at my hotel in airline PJs.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

BTW, is this worse than using a bathrobe from a hotel room or spa? What about letting a gym supply exercise attire? How about hospital gowns (not the paper disposable ones) as an inpatient? [A very few luxury hotels will supply PJs for sleep.]
Or what about the heavenly bed blanket and pillow that are actually washed and reused? (which I have no issue with, they always seem perfectly clean to me).
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
To me pajama's being offered in J is in line with turn-down service that's typically offered at higher end hotels. I don't need someone to come in and pull my sheets back for me and place a piece of chocolate on my pillow, but it's a nice touch.
Color me confused?!

We usually have a do not disturb and do not need hotel turn down service. I get that part.

But, having PJs makes for a better sleep. We like that.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've often thought that it would be so much more convenient to change into PJs in the lounge, but one rarely sees people doing this. People changes clothes from their work outfits, but rarely into PJ-like things as opposed to comfortable street attire.

On the other end, I wouldn't want to pass through immigration or arrive at my hotel in airline PJs.
I've done both a bunch of times now. Well sweatpants and sweatshirt or t-shirt. I figure most people know that after traveling for 30 or so hours you're not going to always look and feel your best. The only thing that I've learned is that immigration wants your hat off. Granted I would never do this if I was flying in the US, I only do it for really long flights.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Color me confused?!

We usually have a do not disturb and do not need hotel turn down service. I get that part.

But, having PJs makes for a better sleep. We like that.
You're missing the point. It isn't about whether hotels have a do not disturb or do not need hotel turn down service, it's about the fact they even offer it. Same with pajamas in J business class. It's a nice touch, but you can easily bring your own sleepware, just as one can easily turn down their own bed in a hotel.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by walterh
Nrt-jfk-lax part of my run this past weekend I wss in gym shorts and a t-shirt. I'm too hot under the blanket and when I'm in my seat I don't really care what people think of my outfits. I would happily wear PJ's if they were light and comfortable enough

Last edited by xolinlevh; Dec 9, 2015 at 3:49 pm
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:28 pm

Many airline PJ sets seem more like track suits than genuine PJs. They're anything but light and cool. The synthetic material might not breath well either.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
This is a nice instance of DL taking a page out of VS's book. I hope more will follow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.