Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Seats Aren't Wider in Comfort+!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
The Seats Aren't Wider in Comfort+!

Please Delta, tell them the truth: You get more leg room with C+, but the same width as regular coach! Went with my wife ATL-PHX for Thanksgiving, worst two flights I can remember. Wife had aisle (because I'm nice) and I the middle, and the window person in each case weighed easily more than 300 pounds. Their overflow onto my seat meant I had the use of about half, and that was only because I was pretty much sitting in my wife's lap (not a bad option, but for four hours?). People have the impression that (like in other airlines) getting a C+ seat means it's wider, and now I'm seeing much "larger" people often. I'm not being insensitive, but maybe if Delta spread the word that the seats are just as narrow as the rest of the economy cabin, people wouldn't spend the money and ruin my flight.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: DL DM
DL has never made the claim they are wider. The only claim is "up to 4 inches of extra legroom", "extra recline", "premium beverages" and "premium snacks". Why anyone would consider the crap in that snack basket "premium" is beyond me.

Last edited by bubbashow; Dec 1, 2015 at 6:05 am
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I've never seen DL make the claim the seats are wider, just more leg room with a few extra perks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by lovecabo
Please Delta, tell them the truth: You get more leg room with C+, but the same width as regular coach!
Delta never said otherwise.

People have the impression that (like in other airlines) getting a C+ seat means it's wider
Which airlines are these that have wider C+ seats on domestic routes like PHX-ATL?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
... maybe if Delta spread the word that the seats are just as narrow as the rest of the economy cabin, people wouldn't spend the money and ruin my flight.
Now why would they want to go and do that? Seems to me that one of the most important groups of potential C+ purchasers are people who have never flown C+ before and who have a somewhat inaccurate idea of the difference between C+ and regular coach.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
and now I'm seeing much "larger" people often.
Welcome to 'Murica circa 2015!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Also, the seat map shows the same # of seats per row as regular economy. It would be illogical to conclude that the seats are wider.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:56 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Not to sound snooty, but, the plane doesn't suddenly get wider at the beginning of the Comfort Plus section!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:07 am

In other surprising news, Delta does not pick you up from the airport in a Porsche when you buy a Comfort+ ticket. Disappointing but true.

Also, I had a terrible dream last night. I was in Comfort+ and there were no showers!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: DL GM

How in the world do you think that the C+ seats could possibly be wider than regular coach seats? Either's row has the same number of seats and occupies the same space on either side of the aisle.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by bubbashow
DL has never made the claim they are wider. The only claim is "up to 4 inches of extra legroom", "extra recline", "premium beverages" and "premium snacks". Why anyone would consider the crap in that snack basket "premium" is beyond me.
I have not had the pleasure of seeing the snack basket but assuming it is the same as FC I certainly would not consider it much of a perk. Potato chips are more "premium" than peanuts?

I do like the seats though.

BTW, had a really delicious "pasta chips" snack from the FC basket last week. They were expired, but good!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
its only "premium" in that no one looks at you funny if you grab 2 items, like chips and the Biscoff cookies!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by carljanderson
its only "premium" in that no one looks at you funny if you grab 2 items, like chips and the Biscoff cookies!
Hey, I gave you the stinkeye when you did that. But you were too busy tearing into your ill-gotten Biscoff to notice!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:44 am

The problem is that some in the media - which typically has no clue of travel - keep talking about C+ as Premium Economy. This confuses those who've seen real Premium Economy (on airlines like Virgin Atlantic) and expect a similar product.

To their credit, DL never called it Premium Economy.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
This is one of those days that makes me wonder how the human race has survived this long.

How in the world does this person think the seats would get wider? Maybe push the sides of the plane out for those rows?

The OP has 2mm and is a delta PM. Scratching my head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.