Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does my flight exist?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Does my flight exist?

It's showing in my itinerary, with F11 Y14 or so based on the seating chart.

However, attempting to buy that route doesn't show it at all.

At first I was pleased that it didn't show for purchase, because that would mean it was overbooked and I could get paid to arrive earlier (it's a connection chosen before the C+ nonsense to maximize MQMs), but now I don't know what's happening. It does show up on the "schedules" page (with a "Book" button). So I guess it's just a bug in the website that refuses to show it on the "Book" page.

I know, I should just call. And I will, when I'm not in an airport lounge. But I was wondering if others here have seen similar situations.

It's DL 5913, DFW-DTW on 12/6.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The flight does not appear to be for sale at this time. Availability is not shown in a GDS availability display, nor does it appear to be bookable using third party sites. So I don't think this is a website bug.

The Schedule page will show a "Book" button but this doesn't mean the flight is available. All it does is take you to a search page with some of the search fields pre-populated. If you actually run the search you will get the same results (not available).
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
What AC Type did you book and what is it showing now?

It almost looks like an unfinished schedule change (Operating Carrier and or AC Type) from the weekend. Another factor is the problems that Republic has been having due to pilot issues and the cancellations that have resulted.

The PDF Schedule shows an Endeavor flight number, the online schedule shows the Shuttle America. It'll probably get resolved in a day or two.

I believe that if you call the DM desk you'll get a really confused CSR.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Nov 30, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:03 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
What AC Type did you book and what is it showing now?
Embraer 175 now.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It DOES show up on DL.com under timetable.

It DOES show up as a 7:30 AM flight / 11:12 AM arrival - on KVS under flight info. It says Shuttle America with aircraft owner "Small Planet". <LOL>

It DOES NOT show up on KVS under availability.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Embraer 175, Shuttle America (on my itinerary).

So I guess I have to keep close watch on my seat (though based on the chart, there's no chance I won't be upgraded anyway).

If I have time I'll go for the confused rep
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Maybe someone on here with Deltanet can look it up for you and see what it says.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
One of my flights went missing today as well. I was going to give it 24 hours and then call in to check. Tried to book a friend on the same flight only to find it didn't exist.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:34 pm

DL5913 operated by Shuttle America on 6 Dec is currently going through a schedule change.

So are DL3313 and DL3324 on the same day.

DL1844, 5760, and 3717 look normal.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by sethb
Embraer 175, Shuttle America (on my itinerary).

So I guess I have to keep close watch on my seat (though based on the chart, there's no chance I won't be upgraded anyway).

If I have time I'll go for the confused rep
Keep avery close watch. Shuttle America Equipment changes are very common and every time they make one, they screw up seating.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Keep avery close watch. Shuttle America Equipment changes are very common and every time they make one, they screw up seating.
Seating nothing. They just re-routed me completely.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Seating nothing. They just re-routed me completely.
Do, tell!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looking at the schedule, they cancelled the three Shuttle America flights altogether.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Wow. 5 days before departure.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Wow. 5 days before departure.
Thursday, all the Shuttle America flights from LGA to DFW are canceled. That's 6 of the 8 flights scheduled; remaining are one mainline and one operated by Endeavor Air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.