Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread

Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 25, 19, 2:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Renes Points
Wiki Link
Time for a wiki for what has become more or less a master thread for this topic.

Delta rolls out schedule changes just about every Saturday.

Per Delta rules you must have at at least a 1 hour change to get free changes and you can check this link on Delta.com to see the rule if a rep tells you otherwise: https://www.delta.com/components/pop...itions_txt.jsp

...more to come soon...
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 8, 18, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Give them a 5 and save your time next time.
Better yet, give them a JWD cert, or a few, as it's so rare to get a good res agent nowadays.
Old Jul 8, 18, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue, SU Bonus
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Give them a 5 and save your time next time.

Agents don't have an assigned supervisor and some may see it as expending unnecessary time; they join a queue and get whichever supervisor is available next, often in a different call centet
Good to know - thanks!

Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Better yet, give them a JWD cert, or a few, as it's so rare to get a good res agent nowadays.
See my prior comment about being a lowly non-status SM member.
crank1225 and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Jul 8, 18, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PP, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Labor day Monday sees the 2:10pm SFO-JFK pulled from the schedule, resulting in a sold out in business class 4:05pm departure and only 3 seats left up front on the 12:45. Seems odd to me to pull capacity on the Monday of a holiday weekend, especially when I would think they could use the afternoon J seats headed back east for business travellers. Oddly enough, I was automatically rebooked to economy on the 4:05, had to call to get changed back to J on the 12:45. Any other way I should have played this?
Old Jul 9, 18, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFTNYC View Post
Labor day Monday sees the 2:10pm SFO-JFK pulled from the schedule, resulting in a sold out in business class 4:05pm departure and only 3 seats left up front on the 12:45. Seems odd to me to pull capacity on the Monday of a holiday weekend, especially when I would think they could use the afternoon J seats headed back east for business travellers. Oddly enough, I was automatically rebooked to economy on the 4:05, had to call to get changed back to J on the 12:45. Any other way I should have played this?
Only other option would be connecting through LAX. Labor Day isn't a heavy travel day. A lot won't travel the whole week, while those that do will generally either fly late Monday evening or Tuesday. I've flown SFO to JFK on Labor Day. The morning flights had empty J seats, the 930pm and 1030pm were full in both cabins.
Old Jul 9, 18, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Exclamation Refunding Last Leg bc of Schedule Change?

Hi All,

My departure time for my flight from LAX-SFO has moved from 1:45 PM to 3:30 PM -- so, a 1:45 change -- and although DL has a 1:00 PM departure, I can't make that flight because of a meeting that goes until 12:30 PM. I know that with schedule changes, DL is pretty good about making reasonable accommodations (at least for a DM); however, if I simply want to cancel, is it possible for me to get a refund because of a schedule change on DL's part?

Thanks, FTers!
Old Jul 9, 18, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
Hi All,

My departure time for my flight from LAX-SFO has moved from 1:45 PM to 3:30 PM -- so, a 1:45 change -- and although DL has a 1:00 PM departure, I can't make that flight because of a meeting that goes until 12:30 PM. I know that with schedule changes, DL is pretty good about making reasonable accommodations (at least for a DM); however, if I simply want to cancel, is it possible for me to get a refund because of a schedule change on DL's part?

Thanks, FTers!
Since greater than 90 minutes change you're entitled to refund.

Note, there is probably an option connecting through LAX that might work.
Old Jul 9, 18, 7:53 am

Hi All,

Thanks, FTers!
I'm just going by the title of your post, but yes they'll refund the entire ticket, but they will not let you fly the outbound and refund the return due to a schedule change
Old Jul 9, 18, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by WWads View Post
Id be changing from BWI to DCA, and would be willing to make it an open jaw if needed. Well see what they say.
That I imagine wouldn't be a problem. But what I always figure is the bigger the change to your trip, the bigger the leeway. But DL considers BWI, DCA, IAD co-terminal for DM SDC so i imagine it wouldn't be a problem
Old Jul 9, 18, 8:34 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL Medallion
Had my IAH->ATL flight in early September push back 40m. Unfortunately it's the last flight of the day and I get to IAH too late to make the prior. May call in to try to switch DTW-IAH-ATL to DTW-ATL.
Old Jul 9, 18, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dcadwell View Post
Had my IAH->ATL flight in early September push back 40m. Unfortunately it's the last flight of the day and I get to IAH too late to make the prior. May call in to try to switch DTW-IAH-ATL to DTW-ATL.
Confused ? You're connecting in IAH? How would getting IAH-ATL pushed back by 40 minutes stop you from still connecting? Would mean 40 extra minutes to connect.
Old Jul 9, 18, 8:54 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

It's not that it's going to cause me to mis-connect, just get in 40m later than originally scheduled. Would be nice to get back to ATL a bit sooner is all. Not a big deal but if they can work something out it'd be nice. Sorry for the confusion there.
Old Jul 9, 18, 9:09 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Hi All,

Thanks, FTers!
What is the rest of your itinerary? You only want to refund the LAX-SFO leg?
Old Jul 9, 18, 9:11 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It's not that it's going to cause me to mis-connect, just get in 40m later than originally scheduled. Would be nice to get back to ATL a bit sooner is all. Not a big deal but if they can work something out it'd be nice. Sorry for the confusion there.
how did you book that ticket to begin with?
Old Jul 9, 18, 9:15 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by pvn View Post
how did you book that ticket to begin with?
Heh. It's two separate, actually. ATL-IAH, IAH-DTW-NRT-SIN, SIN-NRT-DTW-IAH, IAH-ATL.
Old Jul 9, 18, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Heh. It's two separate, actually. ATL-IAH, IAH-DTW-NRT-SIN, SIN-NRT-DTW-IAH, IAH-ATL.
Ok that makes more sense. Details matter. No they're not going to change the one ticket to goto ATL instead of IAH due to other being pushed back. You can ask but expect the answer will be no even with HUACA.

Search this Thread