Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Gold Medallions+: Anyone finish the year with NO upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Medallions+: Anyone finish the year with NO upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I was PM until about last week this year. NYC based. I was at 100% except for one JFK-SEA that I missed by 2 people.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I live in DC, which means a lot of UA and AA elites, and quite a few DL elites out of DCA as well. My only real shot at getting upgrades is to fly Delta out of BWI or IAD.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold 1MM, Mariott Silver
Currently PLT out of SJC. Was FO till early Oct and Platinum only in Nov.

43 segments total:

As PLT: 1/1 upgrade SJC/LAX
As GLD: 0/5 on domestic (others were on international)
4 upgrades as FO: 2 on SJC/SEA, 1 on LAX-SJC and one I think on SJC/SLC (not sure I remember the route on the last one correctly)

C+ on most routes but then I was actively checking at 72 hr window and later for those upgrading out of C+ seats
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
This is certainly making me rethink the value of status given this year's flight patterns.

DM with Reserve Card, not a single complimentary upgrade. But I've taken 10 international (mix of TPAC/TATL several in J) and only 1 domestic trip in paid F. I've used the old SWUs on one trip for two of us - I guess that alone is worth it. The additional mile multiplier is also nice, but not as nice as it used to be. In any case since AA/ UA and DL are de-facto colluding there's little difference in the programs (the service on the other hand...).
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:31 pm

I didn't get upgraded as a Gold this year, but I only flew 18 segments. I didn't fly Delta after February when they changed the policy to only allow Golds to reserve E+ seats 72 hours out.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:14 pm

I just started flying in May this year. I've been GM for several months. I've been upgraded about 6-8 times. Mainly on the short, 1hr legs (SEA-BOI, DTW-AKC). I got a couple upgrades on BOI-MSP after delays and it seemed that others chose different flights.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
What is an upgrade?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:58 am

I haven't missed a single upgrade this year out of DCA.. as a GM. Though I tend to take the earliest (used to be 5:50am) departure to ATL. Mostly midweek but on dirt cheap fares also.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I got upgraded DCA-ATL earlier this year, but it was at 7 am on a Tuesday. Surprisingly I also just cleared on an upcoming DCA-MSP.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Wow. I felt bad with 2 upgrades out of 31 as a GM. 9K MQD
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Medallion
I had 85 segments so far this year and only 6 upgrades...ugh. A lots of connections through ATL and DTW, those cities have lots of DM, so little chance anyway.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
I'm a PM, DTW based, flying on business schedules(Mon, Thur/Fri). Tickets typical purchased 6-7 days in advance, however only 2 were YBM fares/segments.

Total segments - 55, no upgrades this year.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:45 am

PM - 0 upgrades all year. Usually traveling with a GM so at times I was 50 or 55 on the upgrade list. About June I figured out non refundable F tickets were about the same or less than Refundable coach so I just started buying those. (company policy does say I can travel up front if cheaper than coach )

Looking forward to my Delta 1 trip to JFK on Monday.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Only a GM would ask this in November.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
I haven't missed a single upgrade this year out of DCA.. as a GM. Though I tend to take the earliest (used to be 5:50am) departure to ATL. Mostly midweek but on dirt cheap fares also.
Originally Posted by Saidoh
I got upgraded DCA-ATL earlier this year, but it was at 7 am on a Tuesday. Surprisingly I also just cleared on an upcoming DCA-MSP.
Wow, you guys must be using some form of voodoo magic. I can only dream of an upgrade as a GM out of DCA. Only DCA-JFK regularly clears at the window IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.