Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
CDG Flights

If you are transiting to/from CDG in the next few days, please recheck your flights.

So far, DL hasn't shown any diversions to DL82 (ATL-CDG currently in air), but I would expect it to divert soon.

EDIT: It appears all flights are going into CDG as scheduled.

Last edited by Smaug; Nov 13, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Why? I don't think there will be any diversions to Paris. The attacks happened in downtown Paris, not at the airport, if that's what you're thinking.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM
France's President François Hollande just declared the whole country was closing its borders. No details yet to what it means (only road or everything).

Per AirFrance twitter account, no impact yet.

Horror.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dereiziger
Why? I don't think there will be any diversions to Paris. The attacks happened in downtown Paris, not at the airport, if that's what you're thinking.
Because they announced that the borders are now closed to France. So I'd assume that would include airports.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Not a lot of details given in Hollande's speech, which is causing some uncertainty. Some saying it is a border closing, others saying that it is a suspension of Schengen. Will need to see what they actually do - things are a bit fluid at this point.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Other DL flights currently in the air: DL228 (from CVG) and DL243 (from BOS).
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Because they announced that the borders are now closed to France. So I'd assume that would include airports.
thanks for that. i didn't hear yet that the borders had been closed. i haven't had ready access to the news for updates recently. the last information i have is immediately after the attacks.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Not only borders closed but also State of emergency declared;

Consequences

Prefects may set up curfews to prohibit the movement of people or vehicles in specific places and times fixed by decree
Prefects may establish "secure zones / protected zones, where the stay of persons is regulated," prohibit residence "any person seeking to hinder, in any manner whatsoever, the actions of the government"
Minister of the Interior may house arrest anyone "whose actions may be seen as harmful to public safety and order"
Minister of the Interior or the prefects may "order the temporary closure of theaters, pubs and meeting places" and "meetings of nature to cause or maintain disorder" and that "order the return of first, fourth and fifth-class weapons." (see Annex 1)
By express provision, the Minister of the Interior and the prefects may order searches at home "day and night" and "take all measures to ensure control of the press and radio." The searches can be done without the supervision of a judge.
Military jurisdiction, via an accompanying decree, can "assign to themselves crimes and offenses related to them"
Refusal to comply may be punishable either by imprisonment of up to two months, a 3750€ fine, or both.

Will have a CDG connection this monday so checked twitter.
Air France twitter:

#AirFrance flights to/from Paris currently operating normally
by now, no impact on our flights program to/from Paris.

Also stated by the french goverment: Airspace/airports will stay open

However think pax may experience passport/security/border control checks even for Schengen flights.

Last edited by Grouchy; Nov 13, 2015 at 5:20 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Latest I heard was that airports were open. Now as to how you are going to get somewhere from the airport, that is another question.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Flights are still coming to France. We still don't know what will be the effect of the closed borders, more likely it will be very strict controls for both international and schengen flights.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
News outlets are reporting that airports are open. Just heard the borders are open, "but restricted" (not sure what that means).

Keep in mind, the reason for closing the borders isn't to keep people from coming into France, it's to try to catch the terrorist(s) and/or accomplices leaving the scene.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Update: Delta has issued a travel advisory
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...mt-silver.html
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Fox News was reporting that AA had canceled their flights from the USA to CDG.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Borders are not technically closed. It's just that controls, that usually do not exist inside the Schengen zone, are being reinstated (for instance, one can usually drive from Belgium to France without controls. Not after today).
State of emergency gives more powers to police and such.
The country is still open. Airports are not closed.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by ND76
Fox News was reporting that AA had canceled their flights from the USA to CDG.
AA has one flight (JFK-CDG) airborne, one (from DFW) cancelled and three (from ORD, PHL and MIA) sitting on the ground at origin right now.

Latest reports are that France is implementing border controls, but not closing completely, and sounds like the focus is more on outgoing than incoming.

Couple comments on other places said that in a way it's a bit lucky as border security was already being beefed up for a UN climate change conference coming later this month, so the personnel and plans for manning border stations were in place or close to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.