Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to Use Alessi Dishes, Flatware, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to Use Alessi Dishes, Flatware, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by blue2002
A priceless question, albeit a tough one to answer with a straight face and without violating the TOS. Let me try: By hand?

Not to my best knowledge.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Here's my one word reply to that.

Sausage.
How succulent.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:07 am

LOL.... I have a feeling this thread will meet its demise today. :-D
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by No Smoking
PVG-US D1
Meal size seems to have increased. Silverware is a huge improvement. Teapot FINALLY pours without spilling! The cheese tray platter is a disaster - the multi tier plates are lose in the frame which combined with pretty but poor functioning tongs resulted in crackers and nuts flying all over the place!!!

No pain, no gain - just don't expect service to be as efficient as normal.

That's a big upgrade on the silverware. Is that a real napkin ring?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Had the new service this past weekend. LOVE the glasses, very much like two generations ago, except lighter, thinner and more elegant. Previous generation when horizontal still had that gutter that held that last sip, unless you were willing to throw your head way back.

Took me forever to figure out how to open the S&P. Napkin ring is solid and takes some space when napkin and silver is removed.

Now, if any airline can warm the utensils so they don't feel like they just came out of the frig. . . . which they did.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Had the new service this past weekend. LOVE the glasses, very much like two generations ago, except lighter, thinner and more elegant. Previous generation when horizontal still had that gutter that held that last sip, unless you were willing to throw your head way back.

Took me forever to figure out how to open the S&P. Napkin ring is solid and takes some space when napkin and silver is removed.

Now, if any airline can warm the utensils so they don't feel like they just came out of the frig. . . . which they did.
Agreed on the S&P - not at all simple with the cap that pops off but has no visible line. Was only able to get napkin ring to slide off the bottom myself.

Utensils should be just above freezing IMO...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
I had the Alessi serviceware on SFO-ATL last Sunday. Each of the items looked great.

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
The new snack basket sucks. It's much smaller, so the FA can't hold as much items or is trying to stuff everything into the basket resulting in crushed items.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by sspontak
Is the Alessi tray non-stick like the previous one?
its got a rubbery surface, very anti-slip.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tealeaf99
I had the Alessi serviceware on SFO-ATL last Sunday. Each of the items looked great.

The serviceware looks nice! But the actual breakfast looks pretty small and uninspired.

Is that a child's omelette? And did they forget the rest of the potatoes and sausage? Every time I've had this, there are 5-8 potato pieces and 3-4 sausage pieces - never just 2 of each. Especially SFO-ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.