Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CabinCaptive
I don't think they'll do gate upgrades, at least at first. Once a seat is open at T-24, any medallion can grab the seat at anytime, unless things change drastically.
But when I get upgraded from C+ to F, my C+ aisle seat is suddenly available at T-42 minutes.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then what about wide body aircraft such as the 777 or 767? Woould you reject upgrades into seats in the center section? I'm sure some people would describe them as middles in a 2-2-2 or 1-2-1 configuration.
2-2-2 is window-aisle, aisle-aisle, aisle-window. A middle does not touch either an aisle or the side of the plane (window).
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb
2-2-2 is window-aisle, aisle-aisle, aisle-window. A middle does not touch either an aisle or the side of the plane (window).
I agree, but some kettles would call the aisle/aisle in the center section middle seats.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by 355F1
Just called the DM line to ask them if my Waitlists were still showing.

The rep told me everything is fine but that "big changes are happening soon but I cannot disclose them at this time."

Enhancements coming....
I called the diamond line to make sure my RU was still wait listed on a reservation.

Was also told everything was fine. I asked if she had any knowledge of the new changes for C+ and she said was scheduled for training on it next week and didn't have all the details but were told there some big changes coming to the program but she was pretty sure that as a diamond I would still be able to select C+ seats at booking and the policy on getting first class upgrades shouldn't be changing and it shouldn't have much of an impact on diamonds or platinum's. Hope she is right.

Someone that is gold in my office called to find out about the changes to C+ seats for gold's. The gold rep wasn't sure of all the chances but thought gold's would still be able to select seats a t-48 for free like before and that they heard four upgrade certificates a year would be issued to gold's. The rep said she was told the certificates would be good for a one way flight not round trip (which she figured) and they would not be able to be used on International flights, only flights where complimentary first class upgrades available.

I hope she is right about the International flights. It's enough to get an aisle C+ seat as it is now on an international booked less than a month out without having to compete against gold's and silvers for those seats.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I agree, but some kettles would call the aisle/aisle in the center section middle seats.
They could also call those seats comfortable. In both cases they would be wrong.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:37 pm

Just reported in the inflight catering thread: full refresh of domestic F meals. I'm not sure this is a good sign for the upgrade program, though the food does sound better.

http://news.delta.com/delta-serving-...rst-class-fare
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Any idea/news how this change will affect STE pax from partner airlines? Until now I (an FB Plat) was treated the same way as DL Plat/Diamond in terms of free EC seats.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
But when I get upgraded from C+ to F, my C+ aisle seat is suddenly available at T-42 minutes.
Yes, good point. Why wouldn't they just keep it as is now, where one can choose their seat up until the GA takes control? I could see it go either way.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Just reported in the inflight catering thread: full refresh of domestic F meals. I'm not sure this is a good sign for the upgrade program, though the food does sound better.

http://news.delta.com/delta-serving-...rst-class-fare
Why then on my last 4 segments (completed Monday and Wednesday) did I get that Luvo junk? I guess "fresh" = luvo
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by berliner5000
Why then on my last 4 segments (completed Monday and Wednesday) did I get that Luvo junk? I guess "fresh" = luvo
What route were you on? I think this is specifically for the mid-range flights, 900-1400 miles, where previous service was sandwich or salad.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What route were you on? I think this is specifically for the mid-range flights, 900-1400 miles, where previous service was sandwich or salad.
Two were SEA-DEN which is 1,000 miles or something a little more.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by berliner5000
Two were SEA-DEN which is 1,000 miles or something a little more.
Oh, I think West Coast flights must still be getting Luvo, which is considered an upgraded service, though many don't care for it. (I happen to like some of it).
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
I RUC'ed last minute SMF-ATL today, seconds before they closed the list. Was 5/36 with 1 open. I few minutes later remembered I needed to recheck in and saw I was already assigned 1a and checked in. Didn't need to do the reshuffle on the list.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, but if they said they didn't want middle and got one of those and complained, they'd just be laughed at. Not that kettles get upgrades anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
DL could block off the middle seat in C+ like its European partners do in their Eurobusiness class. However, that would cost money, so it's extremely unlikely. OTOH, it would be an extreme game changer for many frequent travelers.
I really like this idea. Bolt a tray table in the middle like AA used to have on a couple rows of its 737 and upgrade the soft product to what one would find in Euro J on BA/LH and that would be something I would definitely pay for routinely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.