Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 19, 17, 3:42 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bowgie
Wiki Link
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM View Post
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jan 16, 18, 2:32 pm
  #2521  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 28,973
Got this email today from Delta:

Your flight between Raleigh and New York qualifies for this special offer for 20% off an upgrade to Delta Comfort+.

Upgrade your flight at delta.com by 11:59 p.m. PST on January 17th to take advantage of this deal.

This limited-time offer applies to select flights to or from Austin, Boston, Raleigh, Nashville, Seattle and Los Angeles between January 30 and May 23, 2018.
Means that RDU-LGA is down to $24.95 which isn't terrible but 13A vs. C+ on the CR9 isn't worth the extra expense.
CMK10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 9:09 pm
  #2522  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Posts: 1,327
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
You can downgrade yourself now via the seatmap.
Thanks. So assuming I stay on top of it, and I watch when my "upgrade" to C+ clears, if only middle seats are available, I can quickly grab my preferred exit or window or aisle seat in coach back assuming I'm quick enough before anyone else grabs my coach seat, right? I'm just debating whether it's worth opting in for the C+ upgrades.

Also, if I downgrade since only a middle in C+ was available, and I'm now back in coach, if a window or aisle in C+ opens up, can I still take it or have I lost my upgrade to C+ by downgrading?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. I'm just trying to get a better hang of this product, especially when traveling with others...
MarkP24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 9:16 pm
  #2523  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Posts: 1,926
Originally Posted by MarkP24 View Post
Thanks. So assuming I stay on top of it, and I watch when my "upgrade" to C+ clears, if only middle seats are available, I can quickly grab my preferred exit or window or aisle seat in coach back assuming I'm quick enough before anyone else grabs my coach seat, right? I'm just debating whether it's worth opting in for the C+ upgrades.

Also, if I downgrade since only a middle in C+ was available, and I'm now back in coach, if a window or aisle in C+ opens up, can I still take it or have I lost my upgrade to C+ by downgrading?

Sorry if my questions are confusing. I'm just trying to get a better hang of this product, especially when traveling with others...
In my experience you can switch back and forth between C+ and Y up until the day of departure. Once the day of departure hits you are locked out of C+ if you have elected to go back into coach. I've only done this a few times though so YMMV (I rarely get the privilege of getting upgraded to C+ as a lowly DM )
ethernal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 10:15 pm
  #2524  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Posts: 1,327
Originally Posted by ethernal View Post
In my experience you can switch back and forth between C+ and Y up until the day of departure. Once the day of departure hits you are locked out of C+ if you have elected to go back into coach. I've only done this a few times though so YMMV (I rarely get the privilege of getting upgraded to C+ as a lowly DM )
Thanks. That's helpful. Lucky you!
MarkP24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 18, 5:58 pm
  #2525  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 28,973
Flying BWI-RDU on a CRJ-200 today with a companion. We were #1 and #2 on the "upgrade" list for two seats. Right before boarding I asked the Gate Agent about the seats and he tried to talk us out of them. He said they were bulkhead seats and we'd have less legroom. I said I wanted them anyway and he repeated this. He then said "this is why I don't upgrade people into these seats". So you're saying you don't do your job because you're deciding what people want? I prefer row 1 and I'm sure others do too, why not call people up and ask if they want them instead of universally assuming we don't?
CMK10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 18, 9:19 am
  #2526  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 2,684
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Flying BWI-RDU on a CRJ-200 today with a companion. We were #1 and #2 on the "upgrade" list for two seats. Right before boarding I asked the Gate Agent about the seats and he tried to talk us out of them. He said they were bulkhead seats and we'd have less legroom. I said I wanted them anyway and he repeated this. He then said "this is why I don't upgrade people into these seats". So you're saying you don't do your job because you're deciding what people want? I prefer row 1 and I'm sure others do too, why not call people up and ask if they want them instead of universally assuming we don't?
Serious question. Have you actually sat in row 1 (1A or 1D) on the CRJ? I find them intolerable...no leg room at all. Actually worse seats than any other on that miserable aircraft.
mnbp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 18, 9:33 am
  #2527  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,292
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Serious question. Have you actually sat in row 1 (1A or 1D) on the CRJ? I find them intolerable...no leg room at all. Actually worse seats than any other on that miserable aircraft.
1B/C are among the more tolerable seats though since you can stretch one leg out.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 18, 10:53 am
  #2528  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Programs: DL DM/MM
Posts: 1,773
Same thing happened to me. Was in in 3C (aisle) and C+ wentnout woth one seat open on window side. I was #1 for the UG. While the flight was short, it would’ve been nice if the GA asked me if I wanted to decline it. I don’t know whether to write to DL about this, or if I should just let it go.
UVAhoo06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 18, 3:53 pm
  #2529  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 28,973
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Serious question. Have you actually sat in row 1 (1A or 1D) on the CRJ? I find them intolerable...no leg room at all. Actually worse seats than any other on that miserable aircraft.
According to my records, and I do keep notes about these things I've sat in: 1A (10 times), 1B (1 time), 1C (2 times), 1D (6 times). I prefer it to row 8 and even if I didn't, I'd prefer a gate agent to do his job rather than decide what other people prefer.
akcae likes this.
CMK10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 18, 4:38 am
  #2530  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,282
C+ now on "Economy shelf" for TATL/TPAC flights

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but C+ is no longer classed under the "Premium Economy shelf" for TATL and TPAC flights. This means when you search on Google Flights and other OTA's, C+ flights no longer shows up under Premium Economy when searching for TATL and TPAC flights and they will only present true PE products. Had wondered why Google Flights had stopped showing C+ options recently on TATL/TPAC PE searches.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-shelf-fo.html
LBJ is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread