Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by melissaru
So confused about this new process.

I'm a lowly FO. Flew ATL-BNA yesterday. Did NOT check the C+ "manage upgrades" box because I didn't want to get bumped from an exit row window to C+ middle.
Checked in at T-24 on the app and a message popped up to "upgrade to Comfort Plus for $15." Almost the entire section of C+ seats was open.
So if you DON'T check the "manage upgrades" box - and thus prevent being moved to an undesirable seat - you now cannot choose a C+ seat if it's available at the check-in time respective to your Medallion level? The ONLY way to possibly get a complimentary C+ upgrade is to be at the mercy of an algorithm?? And if you DO check the "manage upgrades" box for C+, are moved from your exit row seat to a C+ middle and want your initial seat back, you have to CALL Delta to reverse the seating?
Who thought this was an efficient way to do business?
(Side note - while I couldn't upgrade to C+ for free on the outbound, I was upgraded to FC at T-48 for the return today. Go figure.)
You go to check in, C+ is empty, and they offer the upgrade for $15? Abort the check-in, check the "upgrade me" box and wait a minute. If you got the upgrade, select the C+ seat of your choice.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
Abort the check-in, check the "upgrade me" box and wait a minute. If you got the upgrade, select the C+ seat of your choice.
pathetic. I look forward to the moment when whoever thought this circus up gets fired. I am feeling more and more confident that this will have to be undone, it's just too crazy, and is bound to cause expensive inefficiencies due to all of the extra customer service intervention needed to handle the many problems Delta has created for itself.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
pathetic. I look forward to the moment when whoever thought this circus up gets fired. I am feeling more and more confident that this will have to be undone, it's just too crazy, and is bound to cause expensive inefficiencies due to all of the extra customer service intervention needed to handle the many problems Delta has created for itself.
Very unlikely... things like this were thought up by a room full of marketing and finance/revenue type people all patting each other on the backs for such a great idea, and have moved on to the next project by now.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
This is getting very irritating. I just found out about a trip I have to take next week. Looked at the seat map before booking to make sure aisle C+ seats were available. Only one aisle on the outbound that morning and rest middle in C+ and plenty on the return that night. Booked the ticket and clicked the box to upgrade to C+ and went back a minute later and the C+ aisle must have gotten taken in the 3 minutes booking the ticket on the outbound because I was in middle C+ seat and the aisle was no longer available and even though I have aisle as my seat preference in my profile was put in a window C+ seat returning (that wasn't a big deal since I could just change the seat on the map).

There was an aisle Exit row available on the outbound and I was on the phone with the diamond desk for over 10 minutes while they tried to figure out how to "downgrade" me and put me in the exit row. And now I'll have to keep checking the seat map to see if an aisle seat opens up in C+ since I can no longer do a seat alert in EF and if one opens up hope that it doesn't get snagged while I request the upgrade and don't have to call Delta again.

It's bad enough having to go through the extra steps of making sure a decent C+ is available when booking and going through all the extra steps. I wish Delta would just allow PM and DM's to select any seat in C+ or C- on the map at anytime including booking like in the past. It's wasting our time and the agents time.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
EF seat + eqpt. alerts

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
. . . I can no longer do a seat alert in EF . . .
EF seat alerts and equipment alerts are working again--I think they came back a month ago. Just set a new one with a test e-mail, and it's all good.

ETA: agree with your sentiments.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AKC6
EF seat alerts and equipment alerts are working again--I think they came back a month ago. Just set a new one with a test e-mail, and it's all good.

ETA: agree with your sentiments.
Thanks for the heads up about EF. Just sat an alert.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hhonors Diamond
I just flew MSP - TPA. Only one exit row seat was occupied. Balance of the flight was pretty full. I suppose its from all the "upgrades" to C+.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mnbp
The time between booking and ticketing depends upon the booking channel because ticketing is a travel agent function. If your booking channel is DL.com, ticketing is typically seconds / minutes after booking. On the other extreme, from other FT posts, it seems that if a government employee books within the government travel portal, ticketing might be delayed until a day or two before the flight. If your booking portal is not DL.com, ask the portal / agent when they will ticket your reservation.
I booked on delta.com, earlier this afternoon, I still can't pick C+ seats.

On the other hand, they want $40 for upgrading the seats on all segments (four of them), the price different before booking was $80. What a bargain!

I'll keep waiting...
Old May 24, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I booked on delta.com, earlier this afternoon, I still can't pick C+ seats.

On the other hand, they want $40 for upgrading the seats on all segments (four of them), the price different before booking was $80. What a bargain!

I'll keep waiting...
You might have been caught up in today's DL.com outage...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-com-down.html

I'd suggest calling to see if everything is OK with your reservation.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I was planning a JFK-MEX trip next month and to me the biggest joke is that I cannot even request a C+ seat but was able to request a First/Business seat if it comes available by simply checking a box.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mnbp
You might have been caught up in today's DL.com outage...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-com-down.html

I'd suggest calling to see if everything is OK with your reservation.
Oh, it wasn't OK originally, I was charged three times for the one ticket (I posted on the dl.com down thread about this).

It's all sorted out by now, and I got my C+ seats.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Datapoint. Was C+ for ATL-ORD today. After upgrades cleared and after sky started I asked gate agent what my prospects looked like for 1st. I was #1 for 0. She said YBYL and I've been doing this 28 years so if you wait 3 minutes you might get 1st. I waited and got upgraded. She said the computer decides.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
a JWD for the computer?

Originally Posted by rpjones68
. . . I waited and got upgraded. She said the computer decides.
So did you tell her you'd give the computer a JWD certificate?
Old May 24, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I stood right in front and waited and the lead said that was cool. She actually counted down the seconds to upgrade. Lol. T-27 seconds...
Old May 25, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sethb
You go to check in, C+ is empty, and they offer the upgrade for $15? Abort the check-in, check the "upgrade me" box and wait a minute. If you got the upgrade, select the C+ seat of your choice.
But CAN I select the C+ seat of my choice, or is the computer going to toss me in a middle seat even if windows and aisles are open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.