Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Old May 18, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I've done that myself. However in the past since she was with me in C+ prior to the upgrade, when I took her seat I was only a few rows back and still had a decent seat. Now we'll both be in full steerage so if I don't get the upgrade to first to give her we're stuck in cramped seats and no free drinks to get the vacation started. Getting nice seats for vacations with my spouse is, to me, a really important benefit that they are taking away.
Couldn't agree more. Such a small thing, but will make a BIG difference for me for the few leisure trips I have planned annually :-(
Old May 18, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Yes, as long as you have the box checked for F upgrades, you're eligible for an upgrade to F if one becomes available.
So I can receive a "double upgrade"?
Old May 18, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
So I can receive a "double upgrade"?
Yes. You can be upgraded to WU and then to RU if a seat stays open. FC UGs work essentially how they always have; getting a C+ UG does not remove you from the list.

[edit] if you clear for comfort+ ahead of time, it looks like this on dl.com:

Name:  WU cleared F waitlisted.png
Views: 632
Size:  27.8 KB

[/edit]

Last edited by appleguru; May 18, 2016 at 10:00 am
Old May 18, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by WWads
Just talked to another agent, who said that upgrades from purchased W fares would be based on the underlying economy fare, not YBMWS etc like another agent had told me.

I wish that DL would come out and clarify.
I'm amazed that this still hasn't been clarified. Any other data points?
Old May 18, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Yes. You can be upgraded to WU and then to RU if a seat stays open. FC UGs work essentially how they always have; getting a C+ UG does not remove you from the list.
Thanks. Wish they'd just block middle C+ seats from the upgrade pool, but I know exactly why they didn't. This is rather frustrating from my POV.
Old May 18, 2016, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
the reverse to that is the premium transcons. Unless they are DM/PM heavy, C+ looks to be quite packed. ... The cost for C+ is $100..00 over and above the main cabin pricing. So much for people just booking the cheapest ticket possible. ...
looking a month out (Tues 21 Jun), C+ is either $59 or $89 over coach on LAX-JFK; when I search LAX-JFK-DCA, it's $34 for the whole trip
Attached Images  
Old May 18, 2016, 10:20 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Just checked in for a flight to MIA....where is the upgrade list? I was able to pick a C+ seat when I booked the flight, but no upgrade list.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by appleguru
Currently flying BOS -> CVG

I got upgraded to F at the window. Other than C+, plane is full. In C+, 8/12 seats on this plane are open.
Just like my SEA-PHX flight yesterday! 9/12 seats were empty; FC & Y were full.

I think they are trying to make this crap its own cabin and are keeping people from sitting here if they don't want to pay.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:52 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SSF556
Just checked in for a flight to MIA....where is the upgrade list? I was able to pick a C+ seat when I booked the flight, but no upgrade list.
Happened to me yesterday too on SEA-PHX.

About three hours til departure I called the DM line. She told me I was on the list but she wasn't sure why I couldn't see it. About 10 minutes later the list magically popped up on the DL app.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by 355F1
Boarding door just closed for my SEA-PHX flight.

CR9

FC is full, Y looks full.

Comfort + has 3 of 12 seats full.

Looks like they ARE trying to make it its own cabin?

Idk...just a weird observation as I've never seen this happen with that many empty seats but FC & Y being full.
Does the C+ upgrade list display on the GIDS? Were there any passengers on the C+ standby upgrade list?
Old May 18, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 355F1
Happened to me yesterday too on SEA-PHX.

About three hours til departure I called the DM line. She told me I was on the list but she wasn't sure why I couldn't see it. About 10 minutes later the list magically popped up on the DL app.
So you didn't clear into C+ shortly after you purchased the ticket and requested the upgrade? Were there seats open?
Old May 18, 2016, 11:57 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mridley2
Does the C+ upgrade list display on the GIDS? Were there any passengers on the C+ standby upgrade list?
I didn't even think to look.

I was chillin' in the lounge after arriving from Amsterdam.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:58 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rylan
So you didn't clear into C+ shortly after you purchased the ticket and requested the upgrade? Were there seats open?
I cleared into C+ normally as a DM should--many months ago when I bought the ticket.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh you mean the F upgrade list.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:44 pm

DL4707 today LAX-SJC. Coach is full (all seats assigned). 12 seats available in Comfort Plus and 2 in F. Upgrade list is 1 for F and 2 for Comfort Plus. The guy wait listed for C+ is also listed for F.

So this RJ can go out with 11 empty seat in C+ and 1 in Coach and 1 in F?

This seems like bad revenue management.

Usually on this flight it's full in coach and 6 or 7 waiting for F that maybe 2 get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.