Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D1 FCM prices coming down

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
D1 FCM prices coming down

On two upcoming JFK-SFO round trips, I've been offered $880 and $660 upgrades (for both flights). The original fares were in the $330 range.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:49 pm

Did you bite? ~$1k seems like a pretty decent deal D1 or not.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CalVol
Did you bite? ~$1k seems like a pretty decent deal D1 or not.
The flights are wide open; I plan to use RUCs on the ones I care about (the red-eyes).
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
yeah, i've routinely seen sub $1K D1 flights JFK>SFO in the past few months, which i think is a very tempting price point, given the extra 2.5K MQMs and total flexibility on SDC. It's almost just worth it to get whatever flight is cheapest and bank on being able to SDC into an open F seat on whichever flight you really need. Also loving that 767s are showing up more and more on this route.

Quite the change from the $4-5K+ fares from years past, on inferior cradle seats on that route....
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I have a D1 redeye the weekend after Christmas for which DL is offering a buy up for $489. I paid two something and 20k miles.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ☆A Gold, Hertz 5☆
JetBlue Mint is making all the difference on these routes.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by andydrix
Yay for free market!!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:33 pm
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by andydrix
No, but really.. B6 Mint is really bringing down prices I think. I looked at flight LAX-JFK on the Sunday after thanksgiving and found a B6 Mint flight for $599, where Delta, AA, UA, and VA COACH were all $800+.. Anyone wanna guess which I booked?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirTheory
No, but really.. B6 Mint is really bringing down prices I think. I looked at flight LAX-JFK on the Sunday after thanksgiving and found a B6 Mint flight for $599, where Delta, AA, UA, and VA COACH were all $800+.. Anyone wanna guess which I booked?
I found several coach at $478 on Delta.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Unless a corporate contract is involved, there is really no compelling reason to chose Delta's more expensive (and perhaps inferior) D1 product over JetBlue Mint. The same goes for the other transcon carriers (how is Virgin America even still a factor on these routes from a premium-cabin perspective?).

Unless you absolutely have to have those MQMs, I'd take JetBlue mint at $599 over $1K+ D1, almost every time.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Does this mean that there will be a slowdown in the rate of improvement in the classiness of the front cabin clientele? </sarcasm>
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
Unless a corporate contract is involved, there is really no compelling reason to chose Delta's more expensive (and perhaps inferior) D1 product over JetBlue Mint. The same goes for the other transcon carriers (how is Virgin America even still a factor on these routes from a premium-cabin perspective?).

Unless you absolutely have to have those MQMs, I'd take JetBlue mint at $599 over $1K+ D1, almost every time.
I think there are a few reasons, one would be chasing elite status with DL or another legacy, two would be the higher value of miles earned on a legacy (especially AA who offers a ton of miles for premium cabin transcons), and three the legacies offer a better ground experience, especially with the lounges and irrops assistance.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One offer to me was $1K round trip for D1.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

The ability of DL to offer alternatives if there are any IROPS is another significant reason to choose Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.