4 MOR,J
5 TUR,L

3:20PM
FIRST/BUSINESS 0
So I presumed I made the upgrade, but just missed

Upgraded CLE/T 4B
Upgraded DAM/P 4D
Upgraded SMI/M 1C

DAM/P did have a long conversation with the gate agents and had a long discussion about the upgrade list and priorities and at the end gave each of the agents an invitation card of some sort and later thanked them when later handed a first class boarding pass.

Short flight so didn't matter much to me, perhaps the 2 other passengers moved to this flight from a later flight or used an upgrade cert at the last minute, I don't think there was shenanigins but you never know.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Which one are you on the list at 3:17pm?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Missed upgrade

I was number 3 on the list

Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Which one are you on the list at 3:17pm?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by anbhc
I was number 3 on the list
Did you ask the GA why you missed?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
10/20 DL 221 LGA-ATL

3:17pm
Seat Available
FIRST/BUSINESS 4

UPGRADE
1 SMI,M
2 TAY,S
3 BLA,A
4 MOR,J
5 TUR,L

3:20PM
FIRST/BUSINESS 0
So I presumed I made the upgrade, but just missed

Upgraded CLE/T 4B
Upgraded DAM/P 4D
Upgraded SMI/M 1C

DAM/P did have a long conversation with the gate agents and had a long discussion about the upgrade list and priorities and at the end gave each of the agents an invitation card of some sort and later thanked them when later handed a first class boarding pass.

Short flight so didn't matter much to me, perhaps the 2 other passengers moved to this flight from a later flight or used an upgrade cert at the last minute, I don't think there was shenanigins but you never know.
May have used a last minute RUC to get bumped up. That's usually what I do.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Missed upgrade

Originally Posted by sethb
Did you ask the GA why you missed?
The GA said these were 2 last minute confirmed passengers. So I just accepted that fact since the flight was fairly short anyway and I had an exit row bulk head seat. I was confused by confirmed vs upgraded.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
The GA said these were 2 last minute confirmed passengers. So I just accepted that fact since the flight was fairly short anyway and I had an exit row bulk head seat. I was confused by confirmed vs upgraded.
Unless they bought last-minute Y tickets, I don't see how they'd be upgraded and confirmed. If they SDC they shouldn't look upgraded. SDS should say "cleared" rather than "upgraded", shouldn't it?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
They could have been misconnects from an earlier flight.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
They could have been misconnects, last-minute SDC'ers from a later flight, people who didn't check in until the last minute, or possibly other reasons.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
They could have been misconnects, last-minute SDC'ers from a later flight, people who didn't check in until the last minute, or possibly other reasons.
Misconnects should have been on the list earlier. SDCers aren't on the upgrade list, they SDC directly into F. They could have been people who checked in at the last minute (just before T-40).
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vgb2001
May have used a last minute RUC to get bumped up. That's usually what I do.
You waste a RUC on LGA-ATL?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
SDCers aren't on the upgrade list, they SDC directly into F.
Not if they're SDC'ers who were originally in coach.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Not if they're SDC'ers who were originally in coach.
Good point. I don't know how late SDC is available.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good point. I don't know how late SDC is available.
I've SDCed with a GA during the middle of boarding, probably something like T-20 on a Saturday morning onto a flight that was pretty empty. I did it to avoid a delay due to Air Force One halting all flights, which would have affected my original slightly later flight. When I learned of the anticipated delay, the lounge dragon told me to run to the gate of the earlier flight and ask.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've SDCed with a GA during the middle of boarding, probably something like T-20 on a Saturday morning onto a flight that was pretty empty. I did it to avoid a delay due to Air Force One halting all flights, which would have affected my original slightly later flight. When I learned of the anticipated delay, the lounge dragon told me to run to the gate of the earlier flight and ask.
How do you know that was SDC and not SDS?

I've taken an earlier flight because it was boarding when I walked past the gate, too, but I assumed it was SDS (which is apparently a lot easier to do).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.