Considering switching over to Delta

Old Oct 17, 15, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
If the current thread meets this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ning-herd.html

would the result be like matter meeting antimatter?

OP... if it matters, there is no DL club at PIT.
Old Oct 18, 15, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD
Originally Posted by rocket2247 View Post
I am mainly interested in the complimentary upgrades.

Anyway, I had 2 questions:

1. Does Delta offer any programs where they would match status if I were to switch?
2. Can you think of reasons why it would be a bad idea for me to switch?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
As an AA PLT, you will get matched to DL Gold.

You will rarely get complimentary upgrades.

Over the almost 3 years I've had DL Gold status, I've had a grand total of 3 complimentary upgrades, and each one was on a flight of less than 45 minutes flying time.
Old Oct 19, 15, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
Delta's status is not based upon dollars.
It's based on actual miles flown (MQMs). And now, as a GM, I don't even get bonus MQMs as I did in prior years.

Me and others are earning more miles under the dollars plan than the distance plan.
Me and others are earning less miles under the dollars plan than the distance plan.

And then there are the operational realities, you have a much better chance of arriving and on time on Delta.
What is the probability of arriving on time with Delta, and the probability of arriving on time with American?
Old Oct 19, 15, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mannix View Post
It's based on actual miles flown (MQMs). And now, as a GM, I don't even get bonus MQMs as I did in prior years.

Me and others are earning less miles under the dollars plan than the distance plan.

What is the probability of arriving on time with Delta, and the probability of arriving on time with American?
AFAIK there have never been bonus MQMs based on status, just sometimes special offers for certain routes.
Old Oct 19, 15, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
As a DL DM and AA Plat (back to EP next month)...

If redeeming miles (and I do so on both) is important, I find it's often much easier on AA.
Old Oct 22, 15, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
AFAIK there have never been bonus MQMs based on status, just sometimes special offers for certain routes.
You're right. I went back and looked at my flights. I only got bonus MQMs when I flew 1st class. My mistake.
Old Nov 14, 15, 9:35 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by BSBD View Post
As an AA PLT, you will get matched to DL Gold.

You will rarely get complimentary upgrades.

Over the almost 3 years I've had DL Gold status, I've had a grand total of 3 complimentary upgrades, and each one was on a flight of less than 45 minutes flying time.
even though GM has lower upgrade it is wroth to note if you do this challenge only require 12.5k MQM (very easy to get via Mileage Run as oppose to AA EQP, as 98% of fare earn 100% or more) so a trip to asia will help you get there one round trip.

You will get SkyPrioirty on all SkyTeam so if lounge for international and for Check-in, Boarding and Security.

Except Upgrades, you can get SkyPriotiy including Security access with the DL Amex Reserve card when you fly DL with $450 that gives you DL SkyClub access as well.

Almost all airlines most premium credit card does this like United:

United Mileage Plus Club card give Premier access to all the above with a real United Club Membership.

DL Reserve gives you 1 Buy one Get one Free (low tax on free ticket no included) on domestic First or Economy on certain low fare class. Can be useful for transcon for 2 $600 per person RT

Search this Thread
Search Engine: