Search

ATL Pre Check 10/5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
ATL Pre Check 10/5

Anybody else experience the insane lines today? I have never seen pre check that bad before. Surprisingly efficient though cleared in just short of 20 minutes from end of line to clearing security.

Though I did enjoy the diamond who decided to cut in line in front of me. Guess he was too important to wait at the end.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I'm not traveling this monday, but I have seen ATL on numerous monday mornings lately and the pre check lines are VERY long. I agree, they do move smoothly for the most part. But when you compare the ATL precheck wait, it still exceeds anywhere else I fly thru.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Much of the time, going to Pre in the North Terminal expedites things...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:18 am

Is it just me, or is 20 minutes not acceptable?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's rare, but a couple times I've seen PreCheck at MSP take about forty-five minutes. IME Thursday and Friday mornings are the worst, but I'm rarely there on Monday.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:56 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
When I saw the Pre Check line this past Thursday in ATL, I skipped it and used the Priority line instead, much faster. There were 10 of us in a row who had 3 beeps when we were scanned.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been using SkyPriority rather than PreCheck most of the time at MSP and I notice a number of others follwwoing the same strategy. I'm always able to pull out my baggie of liquids and take off shoes/jackets easily and quickly, but I hate following clueless kettle families through TSA security.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Anybody else experience the insane lines today? I have never seen pre check that bad before. Surprisingly efficient though cleared in just short of 20 minutes from end of line to clearing security.

Though I did enjoy the diamond who decided to cut in line in front of me. Guess he was too important to wait at the end.
Just awful, and while long lines are one issue the fact that a) there were countless security lines not open and b) mass gridlock ensued in the main hallway with lines criss-crossing and people jumping in and out of line. It was like they'd never seen that volume before... In Atlanta.... On a Monday.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:57 pm

They really should have a PreCheck + SkyPriority combo line...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
ATL Pre, both North and South, have the longest wait times of any airport I've been through.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I had the fastest pre-check ever, on Saturday AM at LAX T6 (my DL flight was out of gate 69B). Exactly one person in front of me when I got to the ID checker; that person knew what they were doing and shot through the TSA; I did likewise; perhaps 30 seconds tops from leaving the checker until picking up my backpack on the other side of the magnetometer.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: none
Attention all DWKIA's. please chime in with your comments here.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:40 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been using SkyPriority rather than PreCheck most of the time at MSP and I notice a number of others follwwoing the same strategy. I'm always able to pull out my baggie of liquids and take off shoes/jackets easily and quickly, but I hate following clueless kettle families through TSA security.
in MSP,yesterday I was in SkyPriority but walked over to the PreCheck line because I wasn't sure sky Priority would dump into PreCheck.

Does it?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:08 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
I always try and schedule my trips on days other than Monday from ATL. The number of consultants going to their gigs is huge. Back before Precheck the SP line always snaked back and forth up and down the hall at least twice, but now that glut is in the Precheck line. Even adding a second lane (former SP lane) to the mix doesn't help on Mondays.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Meh worse then most Mondays

Worst ever was a Sunday afternoon in DEN. Pre check took over an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.