Wiki Posts
Search

arrivals lounge cdg?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
arrivals lounge cdg?

flew into CDG last week from EWR on delta metal business class early in the morning and asked around about an arrivals lounge with showers. After asking no less than 5 staff and others, including calling the delta diamond line (clueless), they directed me to 2c. I looked around 2c for an hour asking various people and found nothing. Frustrated, I just left. So is there one? Googling around hasn't gotten me much either.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Yes, but it waaaaaaaaay down at the very end of the hall on the left. I think if you would have specifically asked someone where the "Air France Salon" was, or "Air France arrivals lounge" . . . .

It IS a little hard to find, at first, but, it's a nice little lounge, with a half decent breakfast selection. Nice, clean showers with attentive attendants!

Here are some threads about it!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rival-cdg.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-flying-y.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...g-arrival.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...g-arrival.html
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
Oh yeah, took me studying the threads to find it . . . it's semi-hidden behind a Air France counter, if memory serves. It's not large, but that's ok. The location kinda takes care of the crowd. I do recommend it--it's helped me feel human again on many a flight.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:00 am

It is at the very end of 2C and somewhat difficult to find. There are several threads, as mentioned above, and a few trip reports with directions on how to get there. Unfortunately the AF website isn't very clear on the exact location, and there is no information on the Aeroports de Paris unless you study the map very closely.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM MM
It's just past the check in for Emirates/Etihad at 2C before the connecting hallway. There is a small Air France salon sign on the left. It's tough to find but it's there.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Not amazing, but does the work of getting you back to human 'structure' (aka- quick shower, quick meal, quick nap)
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Agree with all of the above comments, especially about the difficulty finding it for the first time. As a heads up, I would also add that it closes at 2pm(14h00 French time).
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
The thing that really doesn't make sense to me is why does Air France have their arrivals in 2C when no Air France flights arrive or depart from 2C. Would make a lot more sense to be in 2E.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Not worth a special trip if you're changing planes / can shower in the airside AF lounges (those in hall M have showers, not sure about the others). Conveniently (to my knowledge) no AF flights even use terminal 2C...
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
The thing that really doesn't make sense to me is why does Air France have their arrivals in 2C when no Air France flights arrive or depart from 2C. Would make a lot more sense to be in 2E.
AF operated out of 2C until 2012 when they consolidated all non-Schengen operations in 2E.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by airindia787
AF operated out of 2C until 2012 when they consolidated all non-Schengen operations in 2E.
Yes. But with their move, it would make sense to have moved the arrivals facility to ideally 2E, and if not there 2F. Why they kept it 2C makes no sense. There is certainly room in 2E and 2F.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's rather nice that the crowds don't find it and use it. I remember the doorway also being hidden a bit by some potted plants, but the location is convenient for some of the buses going into Paris as the ticket and waiting room are almost across from the arrivals lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I thought the arrival lounge is only for Flying Blue members?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:43 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I thought the arrival lounge is only for Flying Blue members?
Flying Blue members flying in Y, maybe, but, DL J pax - FOR SURE can use it, unless it changed AGAIN recently.

Used to be (if you peruse the threads I quoted above) that DL PM & DMs in Y, as STE+ members could use it, but, that has ended! I was turned away a while back, but I've used it since, while traveling in J.

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Why they kept it 2C makes no sense.
Maybe this is why - - from the OP:

Originally Posted by sdadept
. . . . .they directed me to 2c. I looked around 2c for an hour asking various people and found nothing. Frustrated, I just left.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I remember the doorway also being hidden a bit by some potted plants
Yupp. Kinda, sorta. Not really hidden, but, the signage certainly isn't prominent, and the plants distract you from seeing the minimal signage.

Last edited by davetravels; Sep 30, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Found some interesting information on DL.com about this lounge.

"2C (Arrivals Lounge) – After Customs – C3. * For departing flights only."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.