Change on KE award booking

Old Sep 26, 15, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Change on KE award booking

I have DL SkyMiles award travel in J (Prestige Class) on KE 62 booked for travel next month. Route is LAX-ICN-beyond.

The flight was operated by a Boeing 777-300ER when I booked the ticket a couple weeks ago. The equipment has since been downgauged to an Airbus A330-200.

If the business/prestige seat/product the same on the two different aircraft? I notice the biz class is much, much smaller on the A330-200.

Next - this is probably pushing the envelope, but any chance it might be able possible for Delta to put me on the flight leaving 20 minutes earlier, which operates with an Airbus A380? I never saw the A380 flight as an award option, otherwise would have taken it.
Old Sep 26, 15, 10:26 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

DL can't open award inventory on KE.

If it is available they'll do it but probably charge the change fee unless there was also a significant time change as well.
Old Sep 26, 15, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Most KE A330s (other than ones used for intra-Asia short-haul) will be Prestige Sleeper, while 747s are all Prestige Plus (angled lie flat). 777s come in two flavors: Prestige Sleeper and Prestige Plus. So, this may very well be an upgrade: instead of Prestige Plus angled lie flat on 777 (as it very well could have been before - unless you checked the seat map and configured it was the PS config?) now you'll get the true lie flat PS on the A330.
Old Sep 27, 15, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler View Post
.....The flight was operated by a Boeing 777-300ER when I booked the ticket a couple weeks ago. The equipment has since been downgauged to an Airbus A330-200.

If the business/prestige seat/product the same on the two different aircraft? I notice the biz class is much, much smaller on the A330-200......
They are the same seat just less seats in C class.

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler View Post
.....Next - this is probably pushing the envelope, but any chance it might be able possible for Delta to put me on the flight leaving 20 minutes earlier, which operates with an Airbus A380? I never saw the A380 flight as an award option, otherwise would have taken it.
As kop84 said, DL cannot open award space on partners. DL would have to pay KE for full C fare. I would say no chance.
Old Sep 27, 15, 9:43 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Most KE A330s (other than ones used for intra-Asia short-haul) will be Prestige Sleeper, while 747s are all Prestige Plus (angled lie flat). 777s come in two flavors: Prestige Sleeper and Prestige Plus. So, this may very well be an upgrade: instead of Prestige Plus angled lie flat on 777 (as it very well could have been before - unless you checked the seat map and configured it was the PS config?) now you'll get the true lie flat PS on the A330.
According to KE's website, the 777-300ER that OP was on are all either Prestige Sleeper or the new Prestige Suites. Both are lie-flat, but the Suites all have direct aisle access. There are no 777-300ERs with the angled Prestige Plus seats. The A332 that OP was changed to Prestige Sleepers.

So, the seat either didn't change or OP may have had a change from direct aisle access to not having it. It also avoids the chance of having 2-3-2 seating which exists on the 777-300ERs with Prestige Sleepers. However, it sounds like he doesn't know whether his flight had Sleepers or Seats, and they're both lie-flat. The A380 has the same seats as the A330-200 except with a much larger cabin (and a bar which might be a fun novelty on a flight that long).

See here for more info. https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...et-info.html#_
Old Sep 27, 15, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
According to KE's website, the 777-300ER that OP was on are all either Prestige Sleeper or the new Prestige Suites.[/url]
Ah yes you are right. I was going off memory, but that was for a 777-200ER, where I recently had to look it up and see is it the Prestige Sleeper or Prestige Plus config, before deciding whether to book the flight on KE or another airline.

Really now pretty much all KE long-haul flights are Prestige Sleeper (or better), except for routes served by 747-400s, which are all Prestige Plus. (Though 747-8i are Prestige Suites.) The upside of that, though, is that KE will often upgrade SkyTeam Elite Plus pax from J into F on the 747-400s (or at least they do so not infrequently for me - and each time it's an unexpected surprise).
Old Sep 27, 15, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Ah yes you are right. I was going off memory, but that was for a 777-200ER, where I recently had to look it up and see is it the Prestige Sleeper or Prestige Plus config, before deciding whether to book the flight on KE or another airline.

Really now pretty much all KE long-haul flights are Prestige Sleeper (or better), except for routes served by 747-400s, which are all Prestige Plus. (Though 747-8i are Prestige Suites.) The upside of that, though, is that KE will often upgrade SkyTeam Elite Plus pax from J into F on the 747-400s (or at least they do so not infrequently for me - and each time it's an unexpected surprise).
I've been keeping an eye on it because I have an award booking coming up with one leg on an A330-300 and the other leg on an A380. I'm flying with my wife and don't really care about the aisle access, but I'm hoping the A333 will have the Prestige Suites just so we can try them out since the A380 will definitely have Prestige Sleepers.
Old Sep 27, 15, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
I've been keeping an eye on it because I have an award booking coming up with one leg on an A330-300 and the other leg on an A380. I'm flying with my wife and don't really care about the aisle access, but I'm hoping the A333 will have the Prestige Suites just so we can try them out since the A380 will definitely have Prestige Sleepers.
But the KE A380 on the upper deck is still well worth it, even though it has "just" Prestige Sleeper. Even while the plane is taking off you barely feel it moving; it is the smoothest ride of any aircraft.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: