is this new?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
is this new?

Just booked RT from GRB to RSW and when I went to seat selection i picked
row 27 exit row on the DTW- RSW segment. I then got a message that said
"these seats are not available at this time, they can be selected 24 hours after booking" I fly the DTW-RSW segment at least 8 times a year and this is the first time I saw this. I thought exit rows were available at time of booking for us lowly FO's.??
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by schmidlapp
"these seats are not available at this time, they can be selected 24 hours after booking" I fly the DTW-RSW segment at least 8 times a year and this is the first time I saw this. I thought exit rows were available at time of booking for us lowly FO's.??
Are you booking directly on dl.com or via a travel portal?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

DL.com
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Often you can't pick seats until the ticket has been issued. Do you have a receipt with a ticket number?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thats pretty strange... if you book through dl.com the ticket is issued immediately. I've only seen that message if booking through a corp travel agent since there is a delay for when they actually process/issue the ticket.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by schmidlapp
Did you book an E fare that doesn't allow for preassigned seats or did it let you select another seat?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Not an "E" fare,
It let me book another "preferred seat"
My credit card was billed , as I received my confirmation via E-mail
right away.
I will try to move to exit row this afternoon as the 24 hrs will have passed.
This has me pretty stumped as I book this way all the time and this is the first
time I've seen this.
One more bit of info, It did not show "upgrade requested" either, it said
"upgrade not available at this time"
Again this is new to me as well, all my previous bookings showed "upgrade requested"
(as if I will get one these days)
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Southwest A-list, Delta Platinum
I've had it happen once, when I logged in to my account during the purchase process (rather than before). If that is what you did, you will need to call Delta to have you put on the upgrade list.

Last edited by lukerrie; Sep 24, 2015 at 8:13 am Reason: clarification of when to log in
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:13 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
If you log out and back into your Delta account are you able to select the preferred seats? I would also suggest you access your reservation via the app to see if you can change seats there.

I too have only ever seen that message when booking via a travel agency and the ticket has yet to be issued.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
is this new?

I also had this happen yesterday booking thru egencia. Normally I can select the exit row right away. Yesterday it took 4 or 5 hours.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mfFrom35K
I also had this happen yesterday booking thru egencia. Normally I can select the exit row right away. Yesterday it took 4 or 5 hours.
When was the ticket actually issued as opposed to having the reservation made?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm also seeing this message as well as a Diamond (during the seat selection process), so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with being a Silver. I can select C+ seats for free with no problem.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:47 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
It used to be that I couldn't select a C+ (although called Economy Comfort then) until after I had completed the reservation/ticketing and then went back into the record. But that problem went away quite a while ago. This seems to be a new oddity.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When was the ticket actually issued as opposed to having the reservation made?
There was a 006 ticket number in my Egencia record before the second time I tried and failed to select an Exit row; so the ticket had to have been issued. I did not check for this on delta.com. Also, it did let me change seats to a different row that was not an Exit row. I only received the message when trying to select and Exit row seat even after successfully changing to a different non Exit row.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I am also very strangely getting this - - for a MSN-DTW flight I booked weeks ago for March 2nd 2016.

I am currently in (preferred) exit seat 25C. If I try to get (preferred) seat 33A which I like better (unlimited legroom - - it's a quasi-exit row right by the engine), I get that precise message.

If instead I try to book economy comfort seat 10A, it works fine - - no problem.

It's trying to switch to that other preferred seat that the message "these seats are not available at this time, they can be selected 24 hours after booking" shows up, and I can't get the seat (I'm plat by the way).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.