Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL and AA No More Interline Agreement; Then Interline Agreement Returns January 2018

DL and AA No More Interline Agreement; Then Interline Agreement Returns January 2018

Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by channa
Agencies have long been booking one agency record with two airline records and two airline tickets, essentially masking the separate tickets to the customer.
How is that different than "plating"? (serious question, I'm not trying to snark).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I suspect you mean VDB not IDB (which generally isn't all that much money, especially if the airline selected someone for whom IDB compensation will be cheap, like Dr. Dao on that UA flight).
No, I mean IDB. This was a CRJ200 flight on December 24th to a small town market on the east coast after two days of winter weather, and everyone on that plane was dead set on getting to their destination.

They VDB'ed a passenger in the gate area to make room for me and all seemed well, but then at the last second after boarding was complete a mechanic had to fly to repair an aircraft that was stranded at the outstation. After the onboard intercom VDB offers reached somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-1200, they IDB'ed someone instead and removed them from the flight. Unlike Dr. Dao, the passenger who was selected kind of shrugged and went along with it.

I would have seriously considered the VDB compensation, but it seemed rather poor form to do so after they'd moved mountains to get me on the flight...

As should be apparently from the procedures that were followed (and from the fact that I was interlined onto US in the first place), this all took place several years ago before the mandate to VDB at any price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.