Search

Crappy app or GoGo snafu?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Crappy app or GoGo snafu?

... or has DL done away with free wifi for use of app in-flight?

I upgraded to the latest version of the DL app on my iPhone last weekend.

Have not been able to access the DL website in flight since then. Four flights, four failures.

On one flight yesterday, two FAs tried on their phones and had same trouble.

Any one else having issues?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
It worked fine for me yesterday using an Android device. My guess would be it's a problem with the latest iOS app and not a policy change.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I was able to access and watch an movie on my flight last week. I haven't been able to access wife only once.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Eddie98
I was able to access and watch an movie on my flight last week. I haven't been able to access wife only once.
That's still a pretty good track record
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Twice now in the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to log in to NoGo. The first time was on my iphone. I could log in with my username and password but it wouldn't give me the captcha. After doing this, it had a "log out" link so I ended up logging out and then logging in again with the same issue. The third time was the charm and I was able to log in. After my meal, fired up my laptop and was able to log into NoGo without issue.

Today, I used my just upgraded to Windows 10 tablet and had the same issue as above but I was never able to log in. I contacted live care and they asked if I was having an issue with my password. I said no and explained the issue with no captcha after login and not being able to surf. They replied back that my account was logged in on another device and that I should change my password but they would give me a code to use a pass. I asked where it was logged in at. No answer. I asked again as to what flight it was logged in on and was given the code. I asked a third time and no answer.

I ended up using the code and got on. After the meal service today, I put my tablet in sleep mode and was logging into NoGo on my laptop 2 minutes later without issue. I call BS to the CS rep's reason for my issues.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Have not been able to access the DL website in flight since then. Four flights, four failures.

Wife and I had the same problem last night on a DL flight. I was using an iPhone and she was on an Android phone. Neither of us could access the DL app via GoGo. This is the second flight I've had this problem on recently, and I was also wondering if they've discontinued free wifi access to the DL app, which concerns me a little in the event I need to tweet @DeltaAssist during a flight.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Wife and I had the same problem last night on a DL flight. I was using an iPhone and she was on an Android phone. Neither of us could access the DL app via GoGo. This is the second flight I've had this problem on recently, and I was also wondering if they've discontinued free wifi access to the DL app, which concerns me a little in the event I need to tweet @DeltaAssist during a flight.
Can you tweet to DL from the app? I always assumed that one would need to purchase GoGo in such cases.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
Both on the 28th of August and yesterday, (13 Sept)
I could not view movies on my android. I could view my flight, select titles of movies etc. I would enter my C+ seat number and then It went to "loading" and then got the message "bummer, your video is unavailable" this happened multiple times,
I re-booted tablet, wasted an hour and gave up.
Not sure if I need to download a new version of the app.
This is the same device I used all last winter on DL with no issues.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Originally Posted by flyerslc
That's still a pretty good track record
Perhaps users should opt for the Conjugal package.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
It is an issue with gogo and an update THEY did in late August...call and report it to gogo with your phones specifics....I called about my iphone and they were working to resolve it but I have not flown in a week...will try it again this Saturday...gogo's number is 877-350-0038
Can not access Delta info while in the air..I can get the website but not the APP
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

I've experienced this on multiple recent flights as well. Both on the iphone and ipad apps. I also tried the website, and part of it would load, but it was so slow it was unusable. I just wrote it off to GoGo's typical crappy service.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robnsfla
It is an issue with gogo and an update THEY did in late August...call and report it to gogo with your phones specifics....I called about my iphone and they were working to resolve it but I have not flown in a week...will try it again this Saturday...gogo's number is 877-350-0038
Can not access Delta info while in the air..I can get the website but not the APP
Originally Posted by HDQDD
I've experienced this on multiple recent flights as well. Both on the iphone and ipad apps. I also tried the website, and part of it would load, but it was so slow it was unusable. I just wrote it off to GoGo's typical crappy service.
I tried calling GoGo. Agent was clueless.

His suggestion... I should just use my browser to go to the main DL site.

So, still don't know if this is a DL issue or a GoGo issue.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another enhancement

After more failed attempts (and one successful attempt) to access DL.com in-flight via the DL app on my IPhone, I have been told by GoGo on-line tech support that DL/GoGo no longer want us to be able to access DL.com in flight without a GoGo subscription. Even after I pressed to make sure that this was the story they were going to stick with, GoGo emphatically stated several times that this was indeed true.

I then called DL SMS and was transferred to DL's on-line tech support, where I was first told the same story... no in-flight DL.com access via the app without a GoGo subscription. When I pressed, I was put on hold for five minutes, and then was told that I should be able to connect without a subscription, but that I needed to remove and reinstall the DL app.

So, after revealing to me that, on one flight when I had problems, records showed that only two people on a full MD88 were able to access GoGo, GoGo is telling me that the problem is that DL requires I have a GoGo subscription.

And DL, aware that I was able to access on one flight but not others, tells me it is a problem with the app.

And, of course, there is no way to contact tech services and troubleshoot the problem in flight.

I am starting to feel that this is too much hassle to go through, in an attempt to reestablish the ability to check connecting gates while in flight, considering that information is often not there when I do successfully connect to DL.com.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Generally I've noticed that if I try to access the DL app when not paying for gogo, it either doesn't work or is extremely slow. If I pay for gogo then it magically works fine.

I heard Gogo did some change a few months ago with throttling the free access, so wonder if thats what is going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.