Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

My not so great premium transcon flight-am I being to nit picky?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My not so great premium transcon flight-am I being to nit picky?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Are you referring to the one downstairs? I always thought the carpet had a funky smell to it. But it was a civilized oasis.
"The mezzanine"; upstairs, actually. Then there were another 2 in T3 one of which was also a BE lounge, but not as nice as the other.

All beverages were free and food offering of such quantity, quality and variety that it was possible to pull out a decent meal, for free as well.

In order to offer customers a "more consistent product" DL thought well of downgrading all lounges to Crown Room level (drinks still free, but minimal food offering) and the to downgrade the entire line. Out of consistency considerations again, I imagine.
Final result is lounges which don't hold a candle to AF, KL, even some AZ. And let's just leave VS alone...

Naturaly DL has further monetized the product, since now you've gotta pay for almost everything, price are higher and access is reduced.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
t...

And not having 2 things you're willing to eat on a 3 item menu is pushing what's reasonable on a flight with any airline. You'll find the same issue on American or United. Probably JetBlue too.

So if the OP wants change. Complain about the menus and seat. And leave it at that.
Not true about JetBlue Mint--as you choose three options for the meal and every choice is catered for all passengers that have not ordered a special meal so everybody gets what they want.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Not true about JetBlue Mint--as you choose three options for the meal and every choice is catered for all passengers that have not ordered a special meal so everybody gets what they want.
That's one creative way around it.

And they even do legit mixed cocktails.

Though the OP calls JetBlue a 'third rate' airline...

Market competition usually has a solution for most complaints, if the consumer isn't too stubborn to notice.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Hell I chose my meal on AA for ANY FC flight, not just flagship service, ahead of time. I have yet to not get what I ordered.

This is simple and clear
: Delta has to bring its catering into this century. There is NO reason to have to guess at the entire cabin given the % of people who use the internet machine. They have absolutely no reason not to get this done THIS WEEK. They are making record profits and telling the world they have a great product. Sometimes you have to invest a little....just the way it is.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While JB is a smaller airline Mint is actually a really good product. I get the argument that IROPS could be bad on JB but the product itself is better, IMO, than DL. Most here are so blinded by marketing that they will not try it and see but the reality is they do a very good job.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Hell I chose my meal on AA for ANY FC flight, not just flagship service, ahead of time. I have yet to not get what I ordered.

This is simple and clear
: Delta has to bring its catering into this century. There is NO reason to have to guess at the entire cabin given the % of people who use the internet machine. They have absolutely no reason not to get this done THIS WEEK. They are making record profits and telling the world they have a great product. Sometimes you have to invest a little....just the way it is.
+1 Especially since you can't even count on FEBO being followed if you at least want to be in a position to have a choice.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
+1 Especially since you can't even count on FEBO being followed if you at least want to be in a position to have a choice.
Yes sir and even if they were consistent with FEBO somebody would lose. With a product as expensive and touted as the D1 service that seems wrong.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

This is simple and clear
Agreed, really silly they can't offer this. On the other hand, Delta offers special meals in all mainline first class cabins. AA does not offer special meals in domestic first, you only have the regular choices.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

This is simple and clear
Delta has to bring its crap IT into this century before it can attempt something so bleeding edge as pre-ordering first class meals. Maybe they'll use Twitter as a work-around; it's cheap and trendy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.