Santiago, Chile Lounge Access

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Santiago, Chile Lounge Access

Am flying DL 1 to Santiago, Chile. Is the Sky Club enhanced to reflect an international destination or just a regular SC? Are there any other lounges at SCL where I can gain entrance?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you a PP member? If so, check their online directory of lounges.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I don't think so cause i'm not sure what PP is
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
PP = Priority Pass, a lounge admission membership program.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
We have accessed the SCL lounge flying coach with our SC membership. It was nothing special (this was 4 years ago before the earthquake).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:48 am

All long haul D1 passengers have SC access as far as I am aware, and I don't know why the SCL SC would be any different from any other SC.

Besides, I am not sure which enhancement you are referring to. The only thing that was enhanced away as far as I am aware is STE+ pax in Y no longer have 3rd party lounge access while flying DL. Is there something else I missed?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
Am flying DL 1 to Santiago, Chile. Is the Sky Club enhanced to reflect an international destination or just a regular SC? Are there any other lounges at SCL where I can gain entrance?

Thanks!
The OP seems to be assuming that this airport has a SC and is asking whether it's better than the domestic SCs.

I would expect DL to make arrangements for D1 passengers to use some convenient partner or contract lounge at SCL. It won't be great but it shouldn't be awful. The lounge finder on delta.dumb should give details.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 27, 2015 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The OP seems to be assuming that this airport has a SC and is asking whether it's better than the domestic SCs.

I would expect DL to make arrangements for D1 passengers to use some convenient partner or contract lounge at SCL. It won't be great but it shouldn't be awful.
Well, there is an SC at SCL, and the OP seems to be asking whether or not access rules are different from the domestic SCs, which they aren't.

Pudahuel Intl (SCL)
Santiago, Chile
Located On The Second Floor Of The International Terminal Near Gate 17.
HOURS: DAILY 9AM - 11PM.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action

Last edited by airindia787; Aug 27, 2015 at 11:06 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I interpreted the OP as questioning whether the SCL SC has different amenities or atmosphere since it is not in the US. I don't know the answer to that, but the only other international SkyClub (as opposed to a SkyTeam lounge) that readily comes to my mind is NRT, which is definitely different from those in the US. When you're there you know you're not in Kansas anymore!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
I spent a 3 hour layover at the SCL SC in February. It is small, comfy chairs, adequate self serve beverages, limited food options, nice shower facilities and got very crowded in the late afternoon.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion--it was the club amenities I was questioning. Thanks all and special thanks to NewMexFlyer for the report!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:31 pm

I'm flying AA in F SCL-MIA. What lounges do I have access to in Santiago (besides the awful Admirals Lounge)?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by joer1212
I'm flying AA in F SCL-MIA. What lounges do I have access to in Santiago (besides the awful Admirals Lounge)?
Do you have a DL SC membership?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you have a DL SC membership?
No (what is that?)
I read somewhere that I can access the new LATAM lounge.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by joer1212
No (what is that?)
I read somewhere that I can access the new LATAM lounge.
This may be better answered in the AA or oneworld forums... @:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.