Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moron Delta guy at SLC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Perhaps when they build the new mid-field terminal they will add another club. Right now, short of taking away a food facility, I don't think there is any place else in all of SLC airside for another SC. The way it is built has no spare space wall to wall airside. Unless you build it on the roof and I don't know how structurally sound that would be...
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Perhaps when they build the new mid-field terminal they will add another club. Right now, short of taking away a food facility, I don't think there is any place else in all of SLC airside for another SC. The way it is built has no spare space wall to wall airside. Unless you build it on the roof and I don't know how structurally sound that would be...
Certainly it would be structurally sound as long as they did not use the firm:
Babel & Babel building on the firmament of high desert sand !
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:40 pm

The club opens at 5am. If the work was going to take longer than 4 hours, then some disruption was necessary.

Closing a club at 11pm to make repairs does not seem unreasonable, IMO. I assume the terminal was relatively quiet at that time.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by gretchendz
I am SO underwhelmed by almost everything at SLC..this is another example.
SLC is generally a fine airport and a good place to change planes. The DL staff there is pretty good if you ask me. Before DL contracted out the Crown Room/ SkyClub to some bean counters, they had the best selection of beers in any airport lounge in the USA, perhaps the world.

One disappointment is that there was supposed to be a Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers restaurant started there--so far as I know, this hasn't happened yet (this is a fantastic fast food restaurant that does not exist in the DC area; I stopped in one location south of LAS by accident--it was great).
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
The staff in SLC always have been very good for me. The question is - what pin head told the contractors to do this work while the club was still open? That is the moron (not a Mormon) that needs to learn common since. Let me guess the person that signed the work order works 9-5 and was no where near the SC at the time. Just a guess.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
Originally Posted by Slow learner
The OP's keyboard must be broken, it keeps missing the second "m" in "Mormon"
Wow... That was completely uncalled for
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by ND76
SLC is generally a fine airport and a good place to change planes. The DL staff there is pretty good if you ask me. Before DL contracted out the Crown Room/ SkyClub to some bean counters, they had the best selection of beers in any airport lounge in the USA, perhaps the world.

One disappointment is that there was supposed to be a Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers restaurant started there--so far as I know, this hasn't happened yet (this is a fantastic fast food restaurant that does not exist in the DC area; I stopped in one location south of LAS by accident--it was great).
SAT has a Raising Cane's in it if you are ever in the airport.

Cane Sauce is addictive.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:10 am
tmf

Programs: DL PM | Kimpton IC | IHG RA | HH Diamond
The length of time for the repair vs. typical hours the club is closed leads me to ask: Would you rather show up for a morning flight find the club is opening 2 hours late, or be kicked out before a red eye?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow learner View Post

Originally Posted by stewie7669
I thought that was clever actually...and I don't see the pejorative here.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
This was uncalled for (obviously a clever joke), yet you use the words moron, jerk, pinhead, and a-hole to describe a complete stranger in your OP?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I doubt that reception agents have any say in what time contractors work at the SC. Those things are done way above their pay grade. I suspect that somebody read 11:00 for 1:00 and thus, that's what the contract called for.

Better move would have been for supervisor on the spot to have closed the Club and issued a token voucher for a coffee or whatever to each person in the Club.

Stuff happens. Not everybody who misreads something is a "moron".
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Clever

Not quite sure I agree with you.

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I thought that was clever actually...and I don't see the pejorative here.
^^ I totally agree

Originally Posted by Navig8R
This was uncalled for (obviously a clever joke), yet you use the words moron, jerk, pinhead, and a-hole to describe a complete stranger in your OP?
I have nothing more to add - except EXACTLY.

BTW to get back on topic - please dont shoot me - it is my job to design Tile Adhesives, grouts etc - we do not use toxic chemicals - certainly some people are sensitized to certain chemicals - like a person who comes out in a rash when using a certain hair shampoo.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by tmf
The length of time for the repair vs. typical hours the club is closed leads me to ask: Would you rather show up for a morning flight find the club is opening 2 hours late, or be kicked out before a red eye?
I would imagine that SLC has far many more morning departures from 5-7AM than it does from 11-1. Plus you can probably eliminate the departures from 11-1130 as most of those people would be making their way to the gate. And if you're closing it from 5-7 that's all the flights from realistically 530-9 for people who would normally be in the skyclub.

If the project was going to take more than 4 hours then it's going to cause much less disruption 11-1 than 5-7 AM.

The mistake was not closing the club at 11 and getting the work done with no one there. But my guess is if that had happened the thread would have been titled "Some Pin-Head closed the SkyClub early to work on tile!!!!"
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Your statement is inappropriate I'm sure you thought you were being clever, but communicating like that simply shows that you are not.

Sorry off topic I know but I must defend my belief system.

Thank you.

Last edited by LeslieJam; Aug 18, 2015 at 8:45 am
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I have nothing more to add - except EXACTLY.
It's amazing how some people get worked up over very minor events in the grand scheme of life.

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
BTW to get back on topic - please dont shoot me - it is my job to design Tile Adhesives, grouts etc - we do not use toxic chemicals - certainly some people are sensitized to certain chemicals - like a person who comes out in a rash when using a certain hair shampoo.
Thanks for the input, very interesting.

Here is my thought; I'm guessing a small section of the SC was being re-tiled and it was late at night, thus the SC manager/contractor figured they could conduct the work without inconveniencing patrons or closing the club. Seems logical, but this was clearly a miscalculation. That being said, it sounds like the SC agents handled the situation very well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.