Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
Sky Club Question

I have a sky club question

I've been a sky club memeber for almost 20 years. Since Delta changed to the Regular/Executive, I have chosen Regular as I rarely travel with anyone.

However the family and I are headed to Wally World next week and it would be nice to take them into the club (don't worry I have very polite children!)

My paid Regular SC membership expires Aug 28. If I renew as Executive now will my executive privileges take effect immediately (I.e I can get my family in the SC next week) or will guests not be effective until Aug 28?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by stewie7669

I've been a sky club memeber for almost 20 years. Since Delta changed to the Regular/Executive, I have chosen Regular as I rarely travel with anyone.

However the family and I are headed to Wally World next week and it would be nice to take them into the club (don't worry I have very polite children!)

My paid Regular SC membership expires Aug 28. If I renew as Executive now will my executive privileges take effect immediately (I.e I can get my family in the SC next week) or will guests not be effective until Aug 28?
I doubt it will be effective until your current membership expires; but you might ask about upgrading the remainder of your membership as well as buying the upgraded new one.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
You did not indicate what city (SC) you would be using ?
But if you are in a club and explaining this to the SC agent -
they MIGHT bend the rules if the club is not crowded at the
time of day of travel and let you pay the SC bill when it
expires/renews.
With my Executive membership I am permitted two guests
complimentary and when I have one more explaining we
are all on Business class tickets - usually gets the nod the
4th party is gratis (MSP F/G SC).
If the club is full and at capacity this doesn't work well.
Nothing ventured nothing gained !
With your expiration/renewal date just around the corner
what the hey - give it a shot.
Worst case scenario - paying the additional guest membership
fee.
Good Luck !
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLERT
You did not indicate what city (SC) you would be using ?
But if you are in a club and explaining this to the SC agent -
they MIGHT bend the rules if the club is not crowded at the
time of day of travel and let you pay the SC bill when it
expires/renews.
With my Executive membership I am permitted two guests
complimentary and when I have one more explaining we
are all on Business class tickets - usually gets the nod the
4th party is gratis (MSP F/G SC).
If the club is full and at capacity this doesn't work well.
Nothing ventured nothing gained !
With your expiration/renewal date just around the corner
what the hey - give it a shot.
Worst case scenario - paying the additional guest membership
fee.
Good Luck !
I don't think you mean business class as most routes give SC access to business class SkyTeam travelers without them needing to be guested by a member.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stewie7669

You're executive level will take effect whatever day you purchase it and be good for one year. At the end of that year you will then revert to individual membership for whatever number of days you had remaining when you upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.