Help with a birthday trip

Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, ICH Platinum, HHonors Platinum, Marriott Gold

I'd like to take my partner somewhere interesting for his 50th birthday. I have enough SkyBonus points for 1 RT in First/Business and will be buying the second-Needs to be Delta or partner. I would like to keep it near or below $3000. We would be leaving Christmas day or a couple days later and returning NYD +/- a couple days. Any suggestions? or websites where you can put in prices and see where you can go?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I'm not sure what Delta or anyone has to offer, esp. given the lack of specificity on how many miles you have or what destinations you might enjoy visiting (it's a big world out there!) but posting it in the MileageRun forum versus Delta won't get you very many helpful responses.

I'd strongly recommend you ask a moderator to move it to the appropriate forum.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Try http://Google.com/flights with the dates you're looking for and set the class to business. You can often get good rates for Business class around the holidays and especially if you're willing to fly on Christmas day and return on new years day.
Once you have a few good locations under the price range you want, head over to Delta.com and search for award flights to those destinations.
You might have good luck with S America during that period.
Best of luck!
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM

Nothing for nothing, delta is running JFK-HNL during the winter holidays... I paid 1700 for F roundtrip...
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:08 am

Check out Kayak Explore, its https://www.kayak.com/explore/. Its a map which shows you how far you can go for how much. Not sure it has a business class filter though. You can also try adioso.com
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM

If you use Google.com/flights you can play with origin, dates, and set Biz/First while leaving the destination open.

Step 1: Select an originating airport, and enter dates (leave destination blank), set to Biz/First
Step 2: Click the Map
Step 3A/B: Restrict to SkyTeam and Price
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
Where are you looking to fly from, PDX?

What are you looking for? Something like beach/warm weather/interesting city life/scenic... ???
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check out the Premium Fare Deals sub forum of the Mileage Run forum here on FT. There should be some good fare sales around Christmas and NYD, especially to Europe. There's a thread on special Thanksgiving fares that contains information about Christmas season fares too. Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.