Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award partners vanished

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
What is so bizarre to me is that even revenue bookings for OW are disabled on partners. Why would that be a new pricing system? This is not restricted to award bookings at all.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What is so bizarre to me is that even revenue bookings for OW are disabled on partners. Why would that be a new pricing system? This is not restricted to award bookings at all.
Probably since they merged the award and revenue search engines (they both fall under "air-shopping/searchFlights.action"), it's a mistake (the revenue fare part).
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta
I was looking at LIM-MAN-LIM. On Wednesday it offered KLM outbound and VA return; yesterday it only offered Delta metal through ATL-JFK. Today the KLM and VA options were back.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
For all-partner awards, it's pretty simple. Partners will always be at low level.

If you need DL flights to connect, it gets trickier. The fare classes you need are N for economy or R for biz/first on the DL flights. One option is to do a flexible days(5 weeks) search, pick a set of dates that is showing availability at the low price, and use that date as the return for all your searching.
It's R for FC and O for D1/BE or business class.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles member
So is this permanent? I still don't see partner flights from the Middle East to LAX...I usually book with AZ, AF, or VS...now, all gone; I haven't tried calling, but do you think this is part of their campaign to hide information from their customers, assuming flights are only available via phone?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by i2ad10head
So is this permanent? I still don't see partner flights from the Middle East to LAX...I usually book with AZ, AF, or VS...now, all gone; I haven't tried calling, but do you think this is part of their campaign to hide information from their customers, assuming flights are only available via phone?
If you read upthread, you'll see that one way bookings on partners are not possible right now, online anyway. Round trips are still possible online with partners.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Probably a glitch, but then again, it is Delta, so you never know what the next "enhancement" will be.
I don't know why you have to be so snippy about it. Some enhancements work out in our favor while others don't. No need to constantly cry over spilt milk. Its very obvious that partner awards still exist, just that you might have to, dare I say it, pick up the phone and call.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I don't know why you have to be so snippy about it. Some enhancements work out in our favor while others don't.
The score is a bit lopsided. Perhaps that's why.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
The score is a bit lopsided. Perhaps that's why.
It gets a little stale in here when not everything goes the way folks want them to, then its total doom and gloom...end if the world type stuff. I mean gee whiz folks, that's life. If the airlines were operating in todays environment as they did in the past, we wouldn't see the vast improvements in things such as fleet upgrades, new planes, updated planes and terminals etc etc etc.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
It gets a little stale in here when not everything goes the way folks want them to, then its total doom and gloom...end if the world type stuff. I mean gee whiz folks, that's life. If the airlines were operating in todays environment as they did in the past, we wouldn't see the vast improvements in things such as fleet upgrades, new planes, updated planes and terminals etc etc etc.
Seems to me there have been plenty of fleet upgrades, updated planes, and terminals in the past.

And to be honest I'd rather they kept flying those old planes than their shiny new 739s.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
@DeltaAssist Any idea when 1-way search for partners will be back? Broken since noon ET Thurs. CDG-AMS no flights on DL.com

@mwp6k Hi Matt, let me check on this with our Online team. Once I have an answer I'll be sure to let you know. My apologies for the.inconvenience. *JJ
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
@DeltaAssist Any idea when 1-way search for partners will be back? Broken since noon ET Thurs. CDG-AMS no flights on DL.com

@mwp6k Hi Matt, let me check on this with our Online team. Once I have an answer I'll be sure to let you know. My apologies for the.inconvenience. *JJ
It's not just one-way. The problem exists on roundtrips as well. It is impossible to book with partners online right now
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by thiosk
It's not just one-way. The problem exists on roundtrips as well. It is impossible to book with partners online right now
That's not true. I just did a test search MCO-LON and its displaying availability in F and J on the MCO-LGW nonstop on VS for multiple days in September.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by realjd
That's not true. I just did a test search MCO-LON and its displaying availability in F and J on the MCO-LGW nonstop on VS for multiple days in September.
Sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to a regular booking, not award. Try roundtrip STR to AMS, AMS to CDG etc.. nothing works and it must be related to the same issue cause it started on the same day
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by thiosk
Sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to a regular booking, not award. Try roundtrip STR to AMS, AMS to CDG etc.. nothing works and it must be related to the same issue cause it started on the same day
Indeed! Wow that's nuts. I tried LON-AMS and ams-CDG and "sorry nothing available" for RT or OW. Revenue ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.