Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Reserve card bonus MQM's for reaching spending threshold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, HHonors Gold, AMEX SkyMiles Reserve, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred, Hyatt Gold

I reached a spending threshold on my AMEX Reserve card and noticed that my 15,000 bonus miles posted to my Delta account. However, they did NOT post as MQM's, which was really the purpose of my getting this particular card. Who should I call to correct this - AMEX or Delta????
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:15 am

Call no one. The bonus miles that posted are separate from the MQMs. Follow the available instructions and transfer the available MQMs to yourself or the person of your choice.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: DL DM
Calm down. Your statement must close and then you need to request the miles be placed in your account, since these MQM's are transferable. If you do not claim them in 90 days, they will be automatically placed in your account.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, HHonors Gold, AMEX SkyMiles Reserve, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Calm down. Your statement must close and then you need to request the miles be placed in your account, since these MQM's are transferable. If you do not claim them in 90 days, they will be automatically placed in your account.
I previously had a Platinum AMEX SkyMiles card, and my MQM miles always posted to Delta the same or next day at the end of the billing cycle without my having to do anything. I expected the same to be true with my AMEX Reserve SkyMiles card. My statement has closed, and bonus miles have posted to my Delta account already, but they just aren't MQM's. That's my dilemma. If I do need to request the miles be placed in my account, how do I do that? I received no information indicating I needed to do anything, and my statement indicates that I have received 15,000 MQM. Help!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by gb88
I previously had a Platinum AMEX SkyMiles card, and my MQM miles always posted to Delta the same or next day at the end of the billing cycle without my having to do anything. I expected the same to be true with my AMEX Reserve SkyMiles card. My statement has closed, and bonus miles have posted to my Delta account already, but they just aren't MQM's. That's my dilemma. If I do need to request the miles be placed in my account, how do I do that? I received no information indicating I needed to do anything, and my statement indicates that I have received 15,000 MQM. Help!
Because the Reserve card allows you to "gift" the MQMs to someone else, they don't automatically go into your account. They sit there for 90 days IIRC and then if you don't accept them, or give them away, they automatically get added. So worst case just wait.

If you want them now, go to your Delta account and do a search. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

[added] This is the link.

Last edited by orca15; Aug 9, 2015 at 11:11 am
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Gold
gb88, Amex sent you an email on reaching the spending level. That email also includes a link to a page that will allow you to chose the MQMs for yourself or to gift them to someone. It is not very clear, so you do have to dig a little. Once you have made your choice it will post within minutes.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:46 am

Here is the link:
mbrLanding.action
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:52 pm

Can you get MQM bonus if you have multiple DL AMEX cards? For instance, i have a personal DL Reserve, but was thinking of getting a business version. If I was able to spend 60k on each, would I be able to receive 60k MQM miles?
What if I got a business DL Platinum (didn't get business Reserve), would I be able to essentially double dip on MQM?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sig05
Can you get MQM bonus if you have multiple DL AMEX cards? For instance, i have a personal DL Reserve, but was thinking of getting a business version. If I was able to spend 60k on each, would I be able to receive 60k MQM miles?
What if I got a business DL Platinum (didn't get business Reserve), would I be able to essentially double dip on MQM?
You can get personal and business Platinum and Reserve and, by spending enough, get 100K MQMs without flying at all.

What good they are, if you don't fly, isn't my problem.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by gb88
I reached a spending threshold on my AMEX Reserve card and noticed that my 15,000 bonus miles posted to my Delta account. However, they did NOT post as MQM's, which was really the purpose of my getting this particular card. Who should I call to correct this - AMEX or Delta????
Can i ask how long this took between spending reached and miles being posted?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sethb
You can get personal and business Platinum and Reserve and, by spending enough, get 100K MQMs without flying at all.

What good they are, if you don't fly, isn't my problem.
Further, could you get all four and get the MQMs? Plat and Reserve, biz and personal?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by azdmelani
Can i ask how long this took between spending reached and miles being posted?
I have always seen the 15K bonus RDMs post at the same time the monthly miles posted on the period that took me over the bonus threshold. The day after the card closes the month.

The option to select to choose where to send the MQMs becomes available within a day or so after the month close.

The MQMs post almost immediately after you tell them the account to post to.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
Further, could you get all four and get the MQMs? Plat and Reserve, biz and personal?
That's what I said. That's how you get 100K: 30 K on each Reserve card, 20 K on each Platinum (after reaching the higher spending threshold on each).
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
I have always seen the 15K bonus RDMs post at the same time the monthly miles posted on the period that took me over the bonus threshold. The day after the card closes the month.

The option to select to choose where to send the MQMs becomes available within a day or so after the month close.

The MQMs post almost immediately after you tell them the account to post to.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.