Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Retroactive mileage credit for paid flight showing as zero mileage credit- help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retroactive mileage credit for paid flight showing as zero mileage credit- help?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Trying to cobble a few extra thousand Delta Skymiles together for a trip, I realized I had some unclaimed mileage credit for trips taken in the past 6 months (I stupidly forgot to enter my Skymiles number because I was not into collecting miles at the time).

I checked my SkyMiles account and confirmed first that the trips in question had not already shown up as mileage earned.

Great, I thought, my trips were in April and May, and were paid for (i.e. not award travel). I had also had a skymiles account since January, so I should be eligible to receive the mileage according to the terms on the site ("You must submit your mileage credit request within 9 months of the date of your flight. Any mileage request that is beyond 9 months will not be considered. Retroactive credit will be given for flights taken no more than 30 days prior to enrollment into the SkyMiles program.")

So I type in my skymiles and ticket number, and the system recognizes the flights, which I took, but says they are worth "0 total miles". See here and here for screenshots of the issue.

Note: one of these flights was with Virgin but booked thru delta, and I do not have a Virgin FF account. The other was on Delta proper.

What gives?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:58 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Click submit on that page; it's showing you what's currently credited, not what you should get.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by CKDGM
Click submit on that page; it's showing you what's currently credited, not what you should get.
Correct, and even once you do submit you will probably see the flights in your Account Activity page show as zero miles with Reward Method 'O', which IIRC means 'miles not yet posted' or something while DL IT figures it out.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Same situation for me.
It's not very reassuring to just see zeroes across the board.

This information helped me.
Thanks for your answers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.