Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Sport Coat Not Returned

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.5MM, SWA A-List, SPG Plat Ambassador
Cool First Class Sport Coat Not Returned

I was on a SLC-SAT flight last week sitting in F and had a sport coat with me. The flight attendants did the usual and put it in the closet before takeoff but for whatever reason didn't return it at landing. I didn't notice (due to the Texas heat and there being no need for a jacket) until I had already left the airport.

I've called and had a missing items report filed but a week later, nothing has been found. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Since Delta took possession of my jacket, put it into a stowage area to which I don't have access and subsequently failed to return it to me, I feel like there is a need to compensation if it's not found. Thoughts?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; SPG Plat 100; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
I can understand the frustration of losing the jacket, but I would have to expect that part of the blame is on you. I wouldn't expect much, if any, compensation if I were in your shoes. With that said, I have never experienced this, so I have nothing to base my prediction on.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by iflyfartoomuch
I was on a SLC-SAT flight last week sitting in F and had a sport coat with me. The flight attendants did the usual and put it in the closet before takeoff but for whatever reason didn't return it at landing. I didn't notice (due to the Texas heat and there being no need for a jacket) until I had already left the airport.

I've called and had a missing items report filed but a week later, nothing has been found. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Since Delta took possession of my jacket, put it into a stowage area to which I don't have access and subsequently failed to return it to me, I feel like there is a need to compensation if it's not found. Thoughts?
You do realize that you could've asked an FA to retrieve your coat from the closet, right? While I'm sure they had nothing else to do at the time, I would chalk this up as a lesson learned and be responsible for your own items in the future and not leave it in the hands of others.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I also understand the frustration -- I mean, why can't they find it? Did they give your jacket to someone else on a later flight? -- but I don't think you'll get anything but maybe a few SkyMiles as a token gesture.

I don't think this is any different than leaving an iPad in a seatback pocket and forgetting it.

The access argument won't really help because all you would have had to do is ask. If a person needed help and had a flight attendant put their bag in the overhead and then subsequently left the flight without having the bag retrieved, I don't think anyone would argue that said person would be entitled to anything, even though the flight attendant arguably "took possession" of the bag to stow it.

I would think they should eventually be able to find the jacket, though. Good luck.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
This has to be a troll post, from a first time poster. 0/10

Why would you be flying with a sport coat to SAT, if you had no need for a jacket?

DL will probably throw you a few SkyMiles as a token gesture, but you have to share part of the blame in that you didn't ask for your sport coat back from the FAs.

Good luck.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014

Why would you be flying with a sport coat to SAT, if you had no need for a jacket?

DL will probably throw you a few SkyMiles as a token gesture, but you have to share part of the blame in that you didn't ask for your sport coat back from the FAs.

Good luck.
Anyone else read the OP's username as "I Fart Too Much?" I know, I'm 31 going on 10
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Navig8R
Anyone else read the OP's username as "I Fart Too Much?" I know, I'm 31 going on 10
Counting you age in Celcius, are you?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.5MM, SWA A-List, SPG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014

Good luck.
LOL. I enjoy getting called a troll here since I lost my old account credentials and started a new account. You do realize that jackets are required in most business settings these days - even in hot TX.

It should be noted the lack of sympathy coming from PMs and GMs who, based on the upgrades lists I've seen, see FC once every third month.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Compensation? Maybe a few hundred skymiles, money definitely no. The problem is where did a FA notice and offload it at. Could be any airport and now is in lost and found at any place the plane has gone.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:52 pm

It should be noted the lack of sympathy coming from PMs and GMs who, based on the upgrades lists I've seen, see FC once every third month.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club

But I bet those PM's and GM's still have their coats
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by Navig8R
Im glad its a quiet day in the office because I literally laughed out loud reading this
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

LOL. I enjoy getting called a troll here since I lost my old account credentials and started a new account. You do realize that jackets are required in most business settings these days - even in hot TX.

A good reminder to the rest of us to make sure to leave a business card in the pocket of our jackets.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
[QUOTE=iflyfartoomuch;25231878]LOL. I enjoy getting called a troll here since I lost my old account credentials and started a new account. You do realize that jackets are required in most business settings these days - even in hot TX.

It should be noted the lack of sympathy coming from PMs and GMs who, based on the upgrades lists I've seen, see FC once every third month.[/QUOTE]Wow, just wow. A two-fer on the insults to the rest of us. Congrats, that takes talent.

I love your generalizations based on your particular experiences, and thanks for playing.

And one would think that if a jacket were required for most business situations, that one would remember to ask for it back from the FAs before exiting the plane, huh?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC

As they say on Monday Night Football -- C'mon, Man! The lack of sympathy isn't because people don't get upgrades. It's because you want Delta to (presumably) pay you money for your jacket that you forgot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.