FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   US News/World Report Best/Worst Airline/Hotel Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1700143-us-news-world-report-best-worst-airline-hotel-programs.html)

krlcomm Aug 4, 2015 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR (Post 25219870)
Quote:

Originally Posted by avidflyer

Yup I agree...

Me too though surprised Hilton is so low.

The devaluations at Hilton over the past year or so have been ridiculous. I can book most Marriott properties w/ 1/3 to 1/2 the points and I earn them at the same clip.

i_fly_to_much Aug 4, 2015 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by RaflW (Post 25221103)
I would agree that Richard Anderson probably doesn't much care what US News says about DL's ff program. But c'mon, it's gotta sting just a little to rank 2nd to last, behind UA and F9.

Well, if you read this months sky magazine it's an AWESOME program. Tailored based on input from Skymiles members. I laughed as I read.

MSPeconomist Aug 4, 2015 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by SYRRDU (Post 25221441)
I feel the same way about WN and I guess that it is a matter of perspective. It is great if you don't mind cattle class all the way and want to go to BFE, but if you want a real vacation... they don't fly there.

BFE? WN now serves Bielefeld, Germany? I didn't realize that their 737s could fly TATL. Also, what an odd choice for a first long haul international flight.

MSPeconomist Aug 4, 2015 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by i_fly_to_much (Post 25221949)
Well, if you read this months sky magazine it's an AWESOME program. Tailored based on input from Skymiles members. I laughed as I read.

I'm sure that among DL's close to 90,000,000 SkyMiles members or even in their over 2,000,000 elites, they can find at least one person who is confused/clueless/stupid enough to like every change.

SJC ORD LDR Aug 4, 2015 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25222637)
BFE? WN now serves Bielefeld, Germany? I didn't realize that their 737s could fly TATL. Also, what an odd choice for a first long haul international flight.

So, BFE is a real place?!? Who knew?!?

Pi7473000 Aug 4, 2015 9:19 pm

With all the mergers U.S travelers have much fewer choices and less competition so Delta can devalue their program and consumers have little choice.Delta has little incentive to provide great service and rewards program anymore with record profits and decreased competition.

Zeeb Aug 5, 2015 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25222642)
I'm sure that among DL's close to 90,000,000 SkyMiles members or even in their over 2,000,000 elites, they can find at least one person who is confused/clueless/stupid enough to like every change.

Hell, there's about 5 members of this site who fit that description. But I'm increasingly convinced at least half of those accounts are run from Delta's corporate offices.

pbarnette Aug 5, 2015 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Zeeb (Post 25224294)
Hell, there's about 5 members of this site who fit that description. But I'm increasingly convinced at least half of those accounts are run from Delta's corporate offices.

I'm increasingly convinced that questioning whether others are corporate plants should be cause for suspension from FT. :rolleyes:

You don't like others' opinions. Cool. But don't make baseless accusations about their motives. If you have evidence that there are any corporate plants then please share it. Otherwise, keep your mouth/keyboard shut.

MSPeconomist Aug 5, 2015 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Lrtalk (Post 25219822)

This link isn't the original USN&WR article but rather Chris Elliott's commentary on it for Fortune magazine.

MSPeconomist Aug 5, 2015 8:02 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR (Post 25222661)

Yes, Bielefeld is a real place. It's a small city in the industrial Ruhrgebiet (spelling?) area of western Germany. I've been there at least several times. It's a reasonably pleasant place with some good restaurants. In addition, they have a good Christmas market that doesn't seem as touristic as the more famous ones.

SYRRDU Aug 5, 2015 8:37 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR (Post 25222661)

:cool: I'll have to remember that.