dropping DL Amex, MQD spend ok?

Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Hey everyone -

I have two DL Amex products, a personal Platinum and business Gold. If I convert my business Gold to a fee free card, do I loss the spend I've accumulated on that card? Amex rep wasn't sure.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
If I understand correctly, you would lose your progress toward an MQD waiver since you'd no longer have a co-branded card, but your MQDs (which are not directly associated with the card, but just your Delta spend) would remain intact.

EDIT: Just kidding - I think I misunderstood the original post. OP is asking about switching between co-branded cards, I think now. Not sure about that.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Well that's the thing - I would still keep my personal Platinum Skymiles card, so instead of two cards I'd have only one. But would I lose the spend from the Gold card that I'm dropping?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
If I understand correctly, you would lose your progress toward an MQD waiver
I agree that this is likely going to be the outcome, but I doubt anyone at Delta or Amex will be able to give you a straight answer. It is possible that your spend progress might not be lost since the Amex spend tracker on Delta.com is updated monthly and might simply add the latest month's spend to the old number when it updates.

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
OP is asking about switching between co-branded cards, I think now.
No, there are no free co-branded DL Amex cards available to the public.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM

Have you reached the waiver yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.