Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CEO Anderson and the Other Two Legacy CEOs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Just a brief follow-on to the 3 U.S. Legacy Carrier war on the 3 Gulfie Carriers. A few days ago there was a nice letter to the editor in the Wall Street Journal about this topic.

I have noted before what the letter says: better service does not cost one cent. That is what one gets of the 3 Gulfies. This is not just about DL, but the others. Too many cabin service employees and gate agents seem to be going through the motions--just do the minimum. That is not the American way.

Earlier I noted my flight this year, on a DL ticket, but DE from KUL to ICN. When the seat belt light went off, the crew literally ran to the drink carts and got the service going. On so many DL flights internationally there seems to be cabin crew "chat time" before anything happens.

So if DL wants to beat the Gulfies, hire better people and retrain those who are employees. Get with the program and have better service.

When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: DL
"Earlier I noted my flight this year, on a DL ticket, but DE from KUL to ICN. When the seat belt light went off, the crew literally ran to the drink carts and got the service going. On so many DL flights internationally there seems to be cabin crew "chat time" before anything happens."

I too have somewhat similar experience- when I fly from NRT-MNL-NRT on DL and back in the days when I used to fly NW on NRT-BKK-NRT route.

There is something, definitely a difference in service on Asian routes.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Delta (and UA and AA) don't want to compete with the ME3, they just want them to go away.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I thought this was about comparing Anderson to Smisek and Parker. I'm wrong again.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
On all DL flights there seems to be cabin crew "chat time" before anything happens.
fixed that for you

For most they will not let a little distraction like serving the passengers stand in the way of sharing the latest "galley gossip"

Passengers can eat or drink if there is enough time left before they need to prepare to land.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I thought this was about comparing Anderson to Smisek and Parker. I'm wrong again.
Don't you just love it when the thread title doesn't even come close to what the content of the thread actually is?

IBTL
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai
Delta (and UA and AA) don't want to compete with the ME3, they just want them to go away.
totally agree .....
if airlines from Asia are doing identical expansion scale to ME3 within US, I'm sure things will get interesting .....
not exactly sure who they will go after first :P
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:38 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Sabai
LoL.....so true!!! ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.