Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

earning MQM/D and RDM on a VA ticket after "upgrade me"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

Does anyone have experience with getting DL to credit MQM, RDM, MQD on a VA flight on VA stock after an "Upgrade Me" bid? If so, how did you go about it, presuming it didn't credit automatically?

Long story short, I flew VA0008 LAX-BNE back in November and my original ticket was T class which is an eligible earning class. After processing via UpgradeMe, the ticket was reissued into P class which DL says is non-earning. My thought is that this situation is not unlike DL reissuing coach tickets into RU or SU when upgrades are processed, but I am not having a lot of success arguing that point via any channel...despite forwarding very clear documentation that substantiates the truth of the ticket's history. It sure doesn't help that DL makes it impossible to reach someone empowered these days and that their email response times are on the order of weeks.

Anyways, what sucks most is that this segment is separating me from PM status, otherwise I would've quit the effort to get it credited by now.

Thanks for any insights.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I've had mixed experience on VS. In my case all upgrades yielded upgraded class mileage, either if upgraded via "bid for upgrade", or via "upgrade me".
My wife upgraded via "upgrade me" and Delta refused to give her the upgraded class mileage. On VS the fare class one upgrades to is exactly the same as if one had bought the higher class right away. DL's motivation seemed a little suspicious, but all this took place when VS changed reservation system in 2016 and for months itineraries and reservation codes were in a shamble.
I asked on the VS forum and people pointed me to a web page that says upgraded tickets don't come with upgraded mileage. Yet, that would be in contrast with my own experiences and perhaps only refers to mileage credit on the VS program.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
OP is asking about VA, not VS, and about original credit to which OP is entitled, not upgraded mileage credit.

I can't speak to Upgrade Me, but I did have trouble getting a paid VA ticket to post. I eventually faxed DL (their number is available via the request mileage credit form) about ten pages of documentation, including the original purchase receipt and ticket info, and a couple of weeks later the credit was posted.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I have used UpgradeMe before and credited to SM, I didn't have any issues.

All you can do is keep trying. Use all the available tools, Twitter, Email, Website credit request form, etc. I wouldn't mention the upgrade, just say you booked and paid T class and submit your receipt.

One method that might work, if you talk to someone, is to say VA rebooked you in P class but you are requesting Original Routing Credit for your purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.